2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 02:36 PM)
Did anyone else enter in the Cubs drawing for playoff tickets? I put my name in, I figure I would scalp the s*** out of them and buy something worthwhile, like a new TV or computer.

I entered, but if I somehow win the NLCS lottery (if they get there) I will actually be attending that game with my Cub fan wife.

I tried to work the "sell the tix and buy something nice" angle, but she really wants to go to the game, so we'll go.

I won't sell any Sox ALCS tickets if I win that lottery, and she would go to a Sox playoff game with me, so fair's fair.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 03:17 PM)
I entered, but if I somehow win the NLCS lottery (if they get there) I will actually be attending that game with my Cub fan wife.

I tried to work the "sell the tix and buy something nice" angle, but she really wants to go to the game, so we'll go.

I won't sell any Sox ALCS tickets if I win that lottery, and she would go to a Sox playoff game with me, so fair's fair.

also reads: i can get laid out of this

QUOTE (The Critic @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 06:29 PM)
If I didn't have my natural charm, wit and rugged good looks, perhaps I'd be reduced to tricks and bribes.....

....so you think this is gonna work????

:bang :lol:

are you kidding? This is something you can drag out for months with a cubs fan

"remember that time I took you to the playoffs? Its business time"

I dont really care who wins, but for some reason I just have this gut feeling that the Cubs are going to drop this game tonight.

Dempster v. Lowe,

Lowe is one of the hottest if not hottest pitcher in the National League. I believe he has a sub 1 era in his last 9 starts or something ridiculous and with the cold weather/wind it would be a great night for a sinker ball pitcher.

The second part of the equation is Manny Ramirez who just changes the entire dynamic of the LA line up. I just think that a pitcher like Dempster who doesnt have filthy stuff will struggle to get Ramirez. Manny has a great ability to fight off pitches and wear down the pitcher until he gets the one he wants.

My prediction 4-2 LA game 1.