Danny Richar

rokimar

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Balta posted yesterday that he is doing well, should be a couple weeks before he starts playing baseball. So around the start of may he will be somewhere, maybe just throwing and taking swings or maybe down in AAA for a while.

Here

Edited by max power

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 11:36 PM)
Every team has holes, including this one. Juan and his .184 BA aren't doing the offense any favors. His D has been great at 2B, but when Richar is healthy, he should get a shot at 2B, no matter what the record is.

yup beacause it's still early and we all know Richar will save this team with his .230 Avg

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 10:23 AM)
most people talk about D, and Richar is no slouch with the golve. He plays an excellent 2B from what I've seen.

Richar is capable of making some good plays, but he's very erratic. I have to agree with DA, he's average there at best. Though he may improve with time.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 10:38 AM)
yup beacause it's still early and we all know Richar will save this team with his .230 Avg

Yeah dude, because everybody who hits nearly .300 for their career in the minors and then hits .230 in their first 200 MLB plate appearances is going to hit .230 forever, and is never going to get better.

I'm glad for Alex Rodriguez they didn't judge him using that criteria too because his first 200 PA's looked about the same as Richar's, but we all know what happened after that. Obviously I'm not comparing Richar to A-Rod but not everybody comes into MLB screaming like Ken Griffey Jr., you know.

Yeah dude, because everybody who hits nearly .300 for their career in the minors and then hits .230 in their first 200 MLB plate appearances is going to hit .230 forever, and is never going to get better.

Yeah dude, because everybody who hits .300 for their career in the minors goes on to have excellent careers in the majors.

QUOTE (the People's Champ @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 02:26 PM)
Yeah dude, because everybody who hits .300 for their career in the minors goes on to have excellent careers in the majors.

Was there a point to this post or are you just picking a fight?

QUOTE (the People's Champ @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 02:32 PM)
Picking a fight???

Hardly "dude", merely invalidating your post like you did to the other fellow.

You invalidated my post with non-existent logic that didn't have much to do (or had very little to do) with my point, which was that expecting someone's career numbers to look like their first experience of MLB pitching is just the wrong way to think. You responded in the same sarcastic tone I was using by saying "well anybody can fail." Well, duh. And?

Edited by lostfan

You invalidated my post with non-existent logic that didn't have much to do (or had very little to do) with my point, which was that expecting someone's career numbers to look like their first experience of MLB pitching is just the wrong way to think. You responded in the same sarcastic tone I was using by saying "well anybody can fail." Well, duh. And?

So it's alright for you to be sarcastic, but no one else can?

QUOTE (the People's Champ @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 11:45 AM)
It would have to be Owens right? I mean as station to station as we are right now we need someone who can come in and pinch run in a late inning situation. Perhaps steal a base.

You mean like Pablo Ozuna, who is already on our bench?