Frank Thomas Statue

the People's Champ

146 members have voted

1. 1. Should Frank Thomas be presented with a statue at US Cellular Field following his retirement from baseball?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 10:04 PM)
Oh, he is a great guy and was great with the fans. But in the clubhouse, he was erratic. If he was going good, he'd be fine. But if he was doing bad, he wouldn't be so fine.

I think I recall a time when he said all he cared about was hitting home runs, and nothing else.

I'd love to see that article.

I'd also love to see a teammate saying something negative about him. Even Paul apologized for his stupid ass comments about his "fake" ankle injury. Frank was a s*** to one person, and that person deserved it.

I'd also love to see a teammate saying something negative about him. Even Paul apologized for his stupid ass comments about his "fake" ankle injury. Frank was a s*** to one person, and that person deserved it.

It was probably written by Mariotti, and he twisted Frank's words around like only Mariotti can.

Where do you all think Big Hurt will end up?

I'd think the Royals would acquire him and DH him and put Butler at first base.

Think of him facing us 18 times this season? Yikes.

Do you think the reason the Jays soured on him is he's a big blob now who can't run at all?

Edited by greg775

Where do you all think Big Hurt will end up?

I'd think the Royals would acquire him and DH him and put Butler at first base.

Think of him facing us 18 times this season? Yikes.

Do you think the reason the Jays soured on him is he's a big blob now who can't run at all?

Frank doesn't run.

QUOTE (Steff @ Apr 21, 2008 -> 02:33 PM)

Who was that one person? KW? Konerko? Ventura?

I met Frank once and thought he was extremely friendly. I won't pass a full positive judgement because it was like a 30 second meeting but he seemed like a very affable fellow. Unlike that Soxtalk guy that stalked Owens at an ESPN zone and then tried to ruin his good name on this board because Owens was annoyed by being harassed for an autograph. That was one of the funnier threads this year.

Frank would have to do something like O.J. did not to get his number retired and a statue. Nobody has worn 35 since he left and nobody ever will again. I still believe Frank's statue would have been at 35th and Shields instead of that one they just placed there if he left on less ugly terms, and didn't have the spring training war of words with KW.