SOXTALK'S TOP 50 FUNNIEST MOVIES

knightni

I'm wondering, now that everyone has seen the list, how they would rank a top 5 from this list.

I would have to go

Blazing Saddles

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Animal House

Tommy Boy

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World

And my vote for best film not on the list: What About Bob? with an honorable mention to Fast Times

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Blazing Saddles

2. Animal House

3. Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

4. Monty Python & the Holy Grail

5. Airplane

I second the "What About Bob?" and "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" honorable mention, as well as "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 12:29 PM)
With only one spot left some good ones are definitely gonna be left out...

Animal House

Blues Brothers

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Trading Places

Coming to America

My god, how can you not love those two classics. So many great moments in both of the movies. Especially Coming to America. I'm kicking myself for not sending in a list.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 05:37 PM)
I'm wondering, now that everyone has seen the list, how they would rank a top 5 from this list.

I would have to go

Blazing Saddles

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Animal House

Tommy Boy

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World

And my vote for best film not on the list: What About Bob? with an honorable mention to Fast Times

i like all the love for PT&A, which was my choice for #1...Candy and Martin are both just brilliant

Nice to see the final result. There's quite a few that I have yet to see so I'll have to get on that. I can't believe I forgot Office Space. My list was kind of a mix between best comedies and funniest movies so I'm not surprised that a few of my selections didn't make the cut.

One movie that I never understood all the love for is Anchorman. God did I hate that movie with a passion! I think the only part I laughed at was Jack Black kicking the dog off of the bridge which was hilarious. But god the rest of that movie was just bad and should not be anywhere near the top 50, let alone the top 10.

Knight, I have to agree that this was without a doubt the coolest thing on Soxtalk since maybe The Rally Crede. :notworthy By the way, the Rally Crede's #1 was Animal House, so he's happy. It was very cool that you elaborated on each selection and didn't just mention the 1 through 50. That was neat. I'm looking forward to the next list.

I wish I had spent more time on my list. I was kind of like Bush the past few years, just went through the motions and no one agreed with me :lolhitting

I can't believe more people didn't like RV. I think it was Robin Williams best, and also What About Bob, Bill Murray's best.

There are so many great movies on this list that we will never forget but what are the most memorable lines?"Your my boy blue!"F*** you SanDiego","I milked the cow,...that was a bull".What was your most memorable lines,lines that are so impressionable that you quote to your friends to this day?

Edited by shipps

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 26, 2008 -> 07:25 PM)
There are so many great movies on this list that we will never forget but what are the most memorable lines?"Your my boy blue!"F*** you SanDiego","I milked the cow,...that was a bull".What was your most memorable lines,lines that are so impressionable that you quote to your friends to this day?

Liar, Liar, Cable Guy, and Dumb & Dumber. At least one line from those movies everyday.

Edited by TheBlackSox8

It's so memorable, you can't get it right. :chimp

P.S "You're," not "your."

I didn't vote, but Animal house is probably my top comedy, and American Psycho is really funny.

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 12:50 PM)
Where the hell is

1) Easy Money ?

Back of the video store with the movies that only get rented when all the others are taken . . .

Actually, Back to School had some good laughs as well.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 03:51 PM)
It's so memorable, you can't get it right. :chimp P.S "You're," not "your." I didn't vote, but Animal house is probably my top comedy, and American Psycho is really funny.
I got chimped for a couple letters?And to knight,I bought my version of Anchorman on VHS in spirit of the movie and I promise you he said F*** you SanDiego!

QUOTE (Texsox @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 08:09 PM)

Back of the video store with the movies that only get rented when all the others are taken . . .

Actually, Back to School had some good laughs as well.

I was surprised back to School didn't make the top 50. It just barely missed my top 20.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 09:31 PM)
I was surprised back to School didn't make the top 50. It just barely missed my top 20.

I wish I had really thought about my list. I think I only submitted about 8 or 9 movies, and did not rank them. I would have added Back to School. I think it was Dangerfield's best.

That would be an interesting list, comedian and their best work

Belushi - Blues Brothers

Chase - Vacation

Martin - Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Murray - What About Bob

Williams - RV

Pryor - Stir Crazy

QUOTE (Texsox @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 10:24 PM)
I wish I had really thought about my list. I think I only submitted about 8 or 9 movies, and did not rank them. I would have added Back to School. I think it was Dangerfield's best.

That would be an interesting list, comedian and their best work

Belushi - Blues Brothers

Chase - Vacation

Martin - Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Murray - What About Bob

Williams - RV

Pryor - Stir Crazy

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! That Texas heat's gittin' to yer hed boy.

Chase - Fletch

Martin - Parenthood

Murray - Rushmore

Williams - The Fisher King

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 09:32 PM)
WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! That Texas heat's gittin' to yer hed boy.

Chase - Fletch

Martin - Parenthood

Murray - Rushmore

Williams - The Fisher King

Are we talking comedies or ROTFLMAO?

Fletch I could agree with. Parenthood is close, but I really loved DRS. But I'm sticking with my choices on the other two.