Indiana / North Carolina primary election thread

southsider2k5

DANGER DAY: HILLARY FACES '15-POINT DEFEAT' IN NC; SEES INDIANA WIN

Tue May 06 2008 06:35:49 ET

Hillary Clinton's inner circle now fears a stinging defeat is likely in North Carolina.

"Look, we worked hard and gave it our best shot, but the demographics, well, they are what they are," a top campaign source explained to the DRUDGE REPORT as voting began Tuesday morning.

The campaign now believes a 15 point loss, or more, would not be surprising. Her team will work hard throughout the day to lower all expectations in North Carolina.

The campaign hopes media attention will stay fixated on the competition in Indiana, where 72 delegates are on the line, and Clinton internals show a victory!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:20 AM)
Well, I've performed my civic duty.

I'm leaving work early today for the same reason. I am having a hard time deciding which ballot to pick up because there are a lot of Democrats in local races I want to vote for/again, but there are republicians I would like to vote for/against as well.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 6, 2008 -> 11:46 AM)
Good to hear people are voting. All you other IN and NC folks, get out there and vote! I don't care what party or what candidate, just vote.

most people at my work have voted/ will be voting after work; I plan to vote after work but cannot decide to go with the D or R

QUOTE (Brian @ May 6, 2008 -> 01:06 PM)
If Obama wins both states, is Hillary pretty much done?

Yes, but I really don't think Obama wins IN. Clinton will win it by a few points, maybe more, and she'll cling to that as her reason for staying in.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 6, 2008 -> 02:10 PM)
Yes, but I really don't think Obama wins IN. Clinton will win it by a few points, maybe more, and she'll cling to that as her reason for staying in.

Supers would start jumping to Obama at a record pace and might force her out.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 6, 2008 -> 01:17 PM)
Supers would start jumping to Obama at a record pace and might force her out.

what number do you think this happens at? Meaning Hillary winning Ind. but getting handily beaten in NC (let's say 10 or more points). Is 5% in Indiana enough?

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 6, 2008 -> 02:24 PM)
what number do you think this happens at? Meaning Hillary winning Ind. but getting handily beaten in NC (let's say 10 or more points). Is 5% in Indiana enough?

I suck at this game. lol I have no idea. I think less than 5 is hard for Hillary to spin. Especially when you look at the delegate count.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 6, 2008 -> 04:06 PM)
God it'd be nice to outperform expectations tonight. Somehow I doubt it given the expectation for N.C. will be what Drudge has run all day, but it really would.

Last time drudge had a Clinton insider like this is PA it was actually pretty accurate but I still never trust insider comments like this. You never know if they're playing the expectations game, or how they're trying to play it.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 6, 2008 -> 03:24 PM)
So they will split the states tonight and each have enough spin to make this last longer. Likely nothing settled tonight.... again

The road just got a LOT steeper for her though. She'll need something like 80% of the remaining pledged delegates (not including FL and MI) to win the pledged delegate count.