Indiana / North Carolina primary election thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody remember when Giuliani was fading a few months back? When he sounded positively delusional about his prospects of winning? That's what Kiki McLean sounds like right now.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 6, 2008 -> 11:19 PM)
Does anybody remember when Giuliani was fading a few months back? When he sounded positively delusional about his prospects of winning? That's what Kiki McLean sounds like right now.

Too bad Saddam's PR guy died, he'd do great with the Clinton campaign right about now.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 6, 2008 -> 11:21 PM)
Too bad Saddam's PR guy died, he'd do great with the Clinton campaign right about now.

:lolhitting

Mohammad Saeed al-Sahaf. I think he's still alive, last I heard he was living in Qatar.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:55 PM)
Hillary won Hammond and a few other towns in Lake County, according to the mayor.

Yah seriously, I don't care if he's giving us results, but calling a candidate from your own party weak? I hope he gets some calls tomorrow putting his ass in place.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 6, 2008 -> 11:22 PM)
"THey are not in Bagdad" *tanks roll through in the background*

I LOVED THAT GUY!

lol... I was there at the time and watching it on TV, it was hilarious to me. What was even funnier is that they didn't trust us because they thought we were spewing propaganda, and a lot of them actually believed him and they were stunned when they actually saw an American tank riding down the street in front of them.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2008 -> 11:29 PM)
Looks like it will end up being a 2 pct difference. Great night all around.

I think it may be less. Lake County is only 52% reported, and at that 52%, Obama has a 21,000 vote lead. At those percentages, he'll net another 20,000 when its fully reported. He is currently only behind in the state by 17,000. This thing is going to come down to a few thousand votes.

Wow...well I'll be. About 8 pages ago I did some quick math and Said that Obama basically needed to win Lake County 66-33 in order to have a shot and if he did that and turnout was high enough he might pull it off.

He's winning it 65-35 right now. He has a lead of 21,000 in the county with 56% in...and is behind her by 16500 votes. Extrapolate that and could literally come down to a couple hundred votes. Who's the guy in this thread who said earlier he wouldn't bother voting unless prohibition was on the ballot?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 6, 2008 -> 11:48 PM)
Contrary to what a lot of people seem to think, I think an Obama/Clinton ticket would be a disaster. Obama certainly can win, but he should distance himself from Hillary.

He doesnt, and more importantly I dont ;), want her always looming over his shoulder. I dont think she want him, but she NEEDS him. He deosnt NEED her. It helps him, but he doesnt need her. He needs someone with "small town cred".

She probably wants McCain to win so she can run again in 4 years, against McCain or against whoever else runs if McCain's health fails. Wouldn't surprise me to see her continue to flame and try to hurt Obama, both to make him lose in November and to run against him again in 2012 in the primaries.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 6, 2008 -> 11:48 PM)
Contrary to what a lot of people seem to think, I think an Obama/Clinton ticket would be a disaster. Obama certainly can win, but he should distance himself from Hillary.

I agree. Basically the not-so-subliminal message in his campaign is "let's just get the hell away from these old-school politicians." He has enough support without her and really doesn't have that much to gain by riding her coattails.