Choose CQ

Heads22

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 23, 2008 -> 12:57 PM)
Some should email Brooks Boyer.

I just sent this to Brooks at bboyer@chisox.com and copied my rep:

Dear Brooks-

I am a season ticket holder and a White Sox fan for over 25 years. It has been some time since I

saw as exciting a young talent in a White Sox uniform as Carlos Quentin. His performance has been

integral to the team's success thus far in 2008. Seeing as he is among the league leaders in

several key offensive categories, it is a shame that he is not on the All Star ballot.

I frequent a chat site, Soxtalk.com, where my sentiment is overwhelmingly echoed. We have started

an earnest write-in campaign to put Carlos on the ballot. However, even if we all vote the maximum

25 times on line it will be difficult to overcome the odds against him making it.

With that said, I ask that you start a massive get-out-the-vote campaign at the ballpark (and

outside via radio and TV broadcasts) encouraging fans to not only vote for their favorite Sox

players, but to specifically make sure to fill in Carlos Quentin's name, substituting him for one

of the three outfield slots. I think a "Write Carlos" campaign encouraged by Sox players and

personnel is merited with the way Carlos has performed and handled himself.

If MLB allows it, the Sox could even go so far as to set up tables in the concourse with ballots

that either already have Carlos Quentin printed in the space for write-in candidates or at least

have Carlos Quentin rubber stamps that fans can use to save time voting as many times as possible.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist in the process. Thank you for your time.

Edited by Pants Rowland

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ May 23, 2008 -> 04:29 PM)
I just sent this to Brooks at bboyer@chisox.com and copied my rep:

Brooks' response:

Thanks for your note.

Quentin certainly has played his way into the All-Star game (at least thru Memorial Day). Unfortunately, he was not on the ballot. In my opinion, any "write in" campaign we do won't produce the outcome we want. There is just no way we could ever generate enough votes.

So, there are two ways he could get in. Either placed on the team by the Manager or the 25th man public vote. If Carlos gets in to the 25th man vote, you know from past experience that we are very aggressive in our get out the vote campaigns.

We all know he is currently deserving. Let's hope that he keeps up his level of play and ends up in the ASG.

All the best,

Brooks

CQ Update:

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS

48 166 35 50 7 1 14 43 25 29 4 2 .301 .415 .608 1.023

The goal doesn't even have to be getting him voted in as a starter, if we could somehow get Carlos into the top 10 in voting for AL outfielders it'd be a huge success (and a point of pride for CQ) considering he's not even on the f***ing ballot.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 26, 2008 -> 10:22 AM)
Brooks has a good point tho - he'll be on the 25th man vote. and we all know how damn good we sox fans are at that one... heh heh. :)

I would hope he makes the AL bench. If not, Francona is a jerk.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 26, 2008 -> 04:58 PM)
I would hope he makes the AL bench. If not, Francona is a jerk.

yeah that or the players are idiots for not voting him in as a player nominee...

either way, no chance he makes it to the final man vote...francona has to take someone from the sox even if hes not a players nominee...maybe one of our pitchers would make it first but i doubt it