Official: White Sox place Ramirez on Restricted List

NorthSideSox72

Masset just pitched so the long man is gone and I know for a fact that the Sox like Russel a lot so I'm guessing they'd rather have him up here, knowing that they really have a pretty solid bench with guys that can play many positions so the club was better suited going with the extra arm.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 2, 2008 -> 01:53 PM)
Per White Sox.

So they will indeed carry an 8-man bullpen and a 3 man bench for the TOR series. I really think this is a mistake. Better to bring up Bourgeois or Owens. The staff had a day off to rest - why carry so many pitchers?

Bourgeois would have to be placed on the 40 in order to be called up, I doubt KW wants to fill the open spot on the 40 with a guy who's signed to an MLC and would only be with the big club for 4 games.

Can somebody explain to me how the restricted list works and when Alexei can come back? Outside of I think people who get PED suspensions go on the restricted list, I've never heard of it, let alone know what it means.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 2, 2008 -> 02:57 PM)
Bourgeois would have to be placed on the 40 in order to be called up, I doubt KW wants to fill the open spot on the 40 with a guy who's signed to an MLC and would only be with the big club for 4 games.

I thought JB was on the 40 - my bad. I still would rather have seen Owens or even Getz come up though.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 2, 2008 -> 02:04 PM)
I thought JB was on the 40 - my bad. I still would rather have seen Owens or even Getz come up though.

Especially with PK having the problems that he is with his hand. If he gets jammed with a pitch you are down to a two man bench for that game and the rest of the series, and half of the two is Toby Hall.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 2, 2008 -> 03:13 PM)
Why not Broadway?

He's killing it as a starter right now at triple a, no point calling him up for a few days to pitch in the MLB bullpen. Broadway's day to have a chance is coming soon, just look at the age of 3/5 of our rotation.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 2, 2008 -> 03:15 PM)
He's killing it as a starter right now at triple a, no point calling him up for a few days to pitch in the MLB bullpen. Broadway's day to have a chance is coming soon, just look at the age of 3/5 of our rotation.

I would still rather have him as the long man than Masset

QUOTE (MAX @ May 2, 2008 -> 03:24 PM)
Luckily I work for myself or else I'd be even more pissy.

Well, if you work for someone else and get busted looking at Soxtalk when you werent supposed to because you got rickrolled, you wouldnt have anyone to blame but yourself.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 2, 2008 -> 03:26 PM)
Well, if you work for someone else and get busted looking at Soxtalk when you werent supposed to because you got rickrolled, you wouldnt have anyone to blame but yourself.

My job doesnt have much of a problem with soxtalk but loud videos of one of the greatest love songs ever made on the other hand...

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 2, 2008 -> 02:26 PM)

You are being watched.

cybercommand.jpg

I have built 3 Security Operation Centers in my years of doing this. And they all pretty much look the same. And yet we are watching.

We have had 3 complaints this week from users who thought they had a virus, and it turned out. They were just Rickrolled.

Edited by southsideirish71