Sox LOSER

Okay am I watching 2007 all over again? ONCE AGAIN! what a waiste of starting pitching. Our offense just is NOT good. When is Walker going to teach his hitters to ADJUST to a pitcher... Detroit or Cleveland will be in 1st by the time we come back home.

It's time for a fan reality check about what is a short term fluke and what is REALITY.

Dye is not going to rise from the ashes to become any where near the threat he used to be, he got old and slow and cannot hit a 91mph fastball to save his life

Konerko exactly the same, each yr of age has made him worse not better and we're expecting more than he's capable of, all at 15M per year, yuck

Uribe, I could write a page, he has absolutely not place on an MLB roster, and it reflects SOOO poorly on mgmt that they brought him back

BA will be a career .170 hitter, it's just not going to happen people

Thome is old and limited, what we see now is who he is today as a player

The rest of the team I'm good with, but the Sox are just too dependent on clutch hitting from three marquis players who cannot produce and two that just should not be on the field. It sucks, because this is our 08 team, and that's not going to change for 6 more months minimum

Fields need to be on this team everyday, even if it's as the second basemen, CANNOT be any worse, regardless of any other tradeoffs, than having Juan pop up and whiff EVERY SINGLE time a single from him would bring in 1-4 runs!!!

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ May 2, 2008 -> 08:33 PM)
It's time for a fan reality check about what is a short term fluke and what is REALITY.

Dye is not going to rise from the ashes to become any where near the threat he used to be, he got old and slow and cannot hit a 91mph fastball to save his life

Konerko exactly the same, each yr of age has made him worse not better and we're expecting more than he's capable of, all at 15M per year, yuck

Uribe, I could write a page, he has absolutely not place on an MLB roster, and it reflects SOOO poorly on mgmt that they brought him back

The rest of the team I'm good with, but the Sox are just too dependent on clutch hitting from three marquis players who cannot produce and two that just should not be on the field. It sucks, because this is our 08 team, and that's not going to change for 6 more months minimum

Fields need to be on this team everyday, even if it's as the second basemen, CANNOT be any worse, regardless of any other tradeoffs, than having Juan pop up and whiff EVERY SINGLE time a single from him would bring in 1-4 runs!!!

Agree with you on Uribe.

Can the Sox make a move for one of the Reds middle infielders, send Alexei down, and let Uribe be a supersub? It would be lovely to get Uribe's bat out of the lineup, and with his presence still on the bench, he can be a late inning defensive replacement and then allow a few guys around the infield to get an occasional off day.

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ May 2, 2008 -> 08:33 PM)

this is a pretty good post...its entirely possible that dye konerko and thome right now are just not 3-4-5 hitters and that they got old relatively fast....uribe is so bad its comical...good baseball teams address situations like this 2 years ago, the fact that he is still on this team is truly a disappointment.....

the only 1 part i dont agree with is on BA...i think he could still be a solid big leaguer...great? no, but a good defneisve CF who can hit .260 or so...id like to see some power though

1. When your 3-4 hitters strike out 6 times....that's just unexceptable.

2. Joe Crede...feast or famin with him. He's never made any adjustments and has to have the ball RIGHT WHERE HIS SWING is...

3. Uribe...as much as I like Juan...he needs to go. Solid D...but kills this lineup and it's only magnified when the rest of the team is doing poor.

4. I'm tired of the Swisher leadoff experiment. It's obvious he doesn't belong there regardless of his OBP.

5. Don't be afraid to sit Thome's ass. He's deserved it. And let's see what happen's if his option is threatened.

6. Not sure on Dye...he started off so hot...then that injury seemed to derail all his momentum. It's just plain scary having him in right also.

7. I'm tired of this team wasting good pitching efforts. It happens WAY too much already.

8. When is somebody going to be held accountable for the HORRID hitting? I know it's the player's onus...but what changed so much from the begging of the year to now. What made the confidence completely dissappear?

9. I honestly think the whole incedent with Marriotti and his AM classes has "pussified" Ozzie. I'm not asking for a ranting lunatic or anything...but Ozzie's needed to go off on these guys for a while. Maybe he has and we just don't know it and that's been the problem. Something's wrong though. This team needs it's manhood challenged IMO.

10. I have a bad feeling right now we may be in fire sale mode sooner than people think...and to tell ya the truth...it really wouldn't bother me. At the beginning of the year if was being lauded about the new blood and all...but they've been sucked into the "corpse" atmosphere that surrounds this team. I'd actually welcome some fresh blood and could stand the growing pains of watching young guys improve instead of this consistent crap with the aging, slow, lifeless-ass veterans.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 3, 2008 -> 01:59 AM)
besides for the first week or so, this team's offensive approach has not changed a bit from 2007.

In the first week, we got shut down by Carmona, shut down by Westbrook, and were getting no hit by Dontrelle into the 5th inning.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2008 -> 08:00 PM)
In the first week, we got shut down by Carmona, shut down by Westbrook, and were getting no hit by Dontrelle into the 5th inning.

I stand corrected... besides for some players actually having a hot streak early this season to go along with the awesomeness of Quentin, the offense hasn't really changed at all since 2007.

I wasn't able to watch the game (I can't wait until I can ditch directv, but from what I've heard, Comcast ain't much better, if that), but how fast was it?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2008 -> 08:00 PM)

The other thing people are overlooking. Is when the starting pitcher left a game against the sox with a 6-0 lead, and we rally back against their version of Mike MacDougal ( lighting up Hawkins and Farnsworth ). The line looks good the next day however it doesnt tell the tale of how we had our ass handed to us the entire game.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 3, 2008 -> 03:02 AM)
I stand corrected... besides for some players actually having a hot streak early this season to go along with the awesomeness of Quentin, the offense hasn't really changed at all since 2007.

I wasn't able to watch the game (I can't wait until I can ditch directv, but from what I've heard, Comcast ain't much better, if that), but how fast was it?

Probably around 2:15

Not sure what it is, but it seems like this team has NO energy...just 2 weeks ago, these guys were amped.

Maybe the lineup needs to be shuffled, maybe Walker does need to be let go.

I think it's something like Buehrle has exactly 1 run of support in his 3 losses, VERY unacceptable.

Also, why wasn't Konerko at the plate when the bases were loaded? Is his hand bothering him that much?

QUOTE (Wanne @ May 2, 2008 -> 09:54 PM)
3. Uribe...as much as I like Juan...he needs to go. Solid D...but kills this lineup and it's only magnified when the rest of the team is doing poor.

unless you know Uribe personally, why in the world would you like that guy?

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2008 -> 08:54 PM)
Its time for Walker to go.

If he wasn't let go after the horrendous 2nd half of 2006 when we were expected to repeat as division champs, then I doubt he will be shown the door now when we were projected to be a 3rd or 4th place team.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 2, 2008 -> 09:27 PM)
If he wasn't let go after the horrendous 2nd half of 2006 when we were expected to repeat as division champs, then I doubt he will be shown the door now when we were projected to be a 3rd or 4th place team.

even worse, when we had arguably the worst offense in all of baseball last year, he still retained his job.