White Sox @ Blue Jays 12:07pm CSN-HD

WSoxMatt

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 3, 2008 -> 02:09 PM)
Danks really has to work on his stamina. He seems to hit the wall around the 80 pitch mark.

Danks will be fine, he's still only like 22 years old. Looked to me like he was just getting worked by the Jays' lineup.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 3, 2008 -> 07:11 PM)
Danks will be fine, he's still only like 22 years old. Looked to me like he was just getting worked by the Jays' lineup.

It's been happening a lot to him, I know I'm not the first one to observe that. But I agree, he's definitely a bright spot.

When they got him, I'll take D. Lee over Konerko anyday. Yeah that D. LEE

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS

Lee 1414 4943 788 1399 312 24 246 761 638 1165 94 43 .283 .369 .505 .874

PK 1451 5196 762 1453 263 5 281 914 555 832 5 2 .280 .353 .494 .847

Not much of a difference if you ask me

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 3, 2008 -> 01:13 PM)
You're crying about other teams getting younger, yet Lee is older than Konerko. He was still older than Konerko when they got him.

Was talking about when they got Thome, did not mention P.K. only that hes getting up there in age.

Your the one that started crying about the age difference which is about 6 months.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 3, 2008 -> 02:12 PM)
It's been happening a lot to him, I know I'm not the first one to observe that. But I agree, he's definitely a bright spot.

Yeah I'm just saying days like today are going to happen so when it does, I'm not particularly concerned with it. He wasn't bad today, he just wasn't good. The only real way to get around it is just to let him pitch, not overthink it. Same with Floyd.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 3, 2008 -> 01:16 PM)
I don't care about age or whatever, but whoever says they would take Konerko over Derek Lee right now, needs their head examined.

K, all you hear about in this board is how the OPS is so valuable, but when you mention that another player from a different team has a better OPS than ours, we are crazy?

Edited by Soxpranos

QUOTE (fathom @ May 3, 2008 -> 01:36 PM)
Bunting down 2? Are you freaking serious! Swisher continues his decent to the mendoza line.

I kind of hope he was bunting for a hit or did it on his own, cuz we can't afford to give away outs down by 2.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 3, 2008 -> 06:41 PM)
A total of 4 hits in 18 innings is going to be quite a resume builder for Greg Walker, very impressive!

I said this earlier, but it's entirely possible we don't score this series. We face Halladay tomorrow.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 3, 2008 -> 01:37 PM)
Who is debating that?

I'm simply going on production and defense., If I am wrong , I am wrong but that is just my opinion giving the numbers they have produced.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 3, 2008 -> 06:41 PM)
I kind of hope he was bunting for a hit or did it on his own, cuz we can't afford to give away outs down by 2.

It's Pablo...he should never be hitting against a RHP.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 3, 2008 -> 12:41 PM)
A total of 4 hits in 18 innings is going to be quite a resume builder for Greg Walker, very impressive!

Why would he be updating his resume? Doesn't he have a 25 year contract with us?

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 3, 2008 -> 01:45 PM)
Thats not what we are talking about. You made a claim about others on this board, not about you claim to see to see.

Oh, and OPS messures production. You just seem to have some stigma about OPS. Is it because you don't understand the stat, and how it's measured?

Could be.