Twinks (17-15) @ Sox (15-17)

G&T

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 8, 2008 -> 03:00 PM)
So the fact we haven't won games as a manger makes Ozzie a good manager? Whatever you say. The fact is Ozzie does a poor job managing the bullpen. He does almost everything else well, but he's awful at bullpen mixing and matching. Most managers suck at something, but when it's as important as the bullpen it hurts the team. Luckily it hasn't today.

I'm sorry. You're 10000% correct. Let's replay that scoreless inning that Linebrink had and see what would have happened had Thornton/Boone came in.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 8, 2008 -> 01:59 PM)
He's not comparing Linebrink to Mariano, he's comparing the situation. Maybe it isn't the best comparison, but it hold water.

The fact of the matter is that people here think they are much better managers than Ozzie. How many Major League wins do you guys have as manager?

You know what, I just checked some numbers, and gul darnit, they're actually right. I concede. Linebrink is actually a better pitcher against lefties than against righties according to his splits. Last 3 years, Lefties .609 OPS, righties, .730. I still think you put Boone in, but maybe that call wasn't as bad as I thought.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 8, 2008 -> 03:02 PM)
If Crede was not held on how did he not get to second? Was he held on?

Uribe a walk.

Pinch hit for Ramirez has HE f***ING BETTER TAKE AT LEAST TWO STRIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I thought Ramirez was up hit AJ!!!!!!

No, Toby will jack one here, so A-Ram will bat!!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2008 -> 04:02 PM)
You know what, I just checked some numbers, and gul darnit, they're actually right. I concede. Linebrink is actually a better pitcher against lefties than against righties according to his splits. Last 3 years, Lefties .609 OPS, righties, .730. I still think you put Boone in, but maybe that call wasn't as bad as I thought.

Good investigating, thats why Ozzie is on the bench and we are here typing.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2008 -> 04:03 PM)
Great slide by Uribe, but why in the heck was Hall allowed to bat?

Because it's May 8 and the bench players have to have a chance in those situations.

Error by Tolbert and Ramirez beats it out.

QUOTE (Soxpranos @ May 8, 2008 -> 09:05 PM)
Good investigating, thats why Ozzie is on the bench and we are here typing.

I've always thought splits matter much more for the hitter. Morneau especially, and Mauer also, are much better hitters against righty pitchers.