Twinks (17-15) @ Sox (15-17)

G&T

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2008 -> 04:12 PM)
Horrible hanger with 2 strikes by Jenks there. Delmon has struggled all series against fastballs...terrible pitch selection.

He hasn't trusted the fastball all year, and i'm more concerned with his lack of trusting the fastball than I am the velocity of the fastball itself, if that makes sense.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 8, 2008 -> 04:13 PM)
He hasn't trusted the fastball all year, and i'm more concerned with his lack of trusting the fastball than I am the velocity of the fastball itself, if that makes sense.

totally makes sense, if used right with his other pitches, velocity of 93-94 should be plenty.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 8, 2008 -> 10:13 PM)

Yes, but when you're a pitcher, and you know you don't have the velocity you're accustomed to, it's easy to lose confidence.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2008 -> 04:14 PM)
Yes, but when you're a pitcher, and you know you don't have the velocity you're accustomed to, it's easy to lose confidence.

Yeah, but if your up 0-2 like he was to Young and was to Roberts at Baltimore, you can throw the fastball up high out of the zone and hope he chases it. Jenks hasn't even tried that.

Hooray series win!!

Edited by whitesoxfan101

awesome. 2 out of 3 against the 1st place team.

They're going to miss the King in Seattle since he is pitching tonight and miss Bedard too since he went yesterday. Need to take advantage of schedule breaks like that