Ozzie quote in the Sun-Times today

frankie5angels

This was a quote from Ozzie today in the Sun-Times, this is Ozzie talking with KW, "We talked about don't panic yet. I explained to him what's wrong with the hitting, The hitting is not the problem. Right now we are OK."

What the f*** is Ozzie talking about?? The hitting isn't the problem? What f***ing team is he watching!!

I don't even know what that means, but clearly this offense has cost the Sox a lot of games and it also is putting a ridiculous amount of pressure on the pitchers. This is looking more and more like last season, however, I believe this team has more talent than last season.

I remember the pitching looking pretty good early last season before completely collapsing and I think a large part of that collapse had to do with the fact that the pitchers got an idea in there head that they had to throw a shutout to have a shot at winning a game.

Changes need to be made. I'm not saying this offense with no changes can't do well, but I am saying that after a full season of sucking (plus another month), you have to take a look and realize that some of the key contributors (whether they are leaders or not) maybe need to go or be moved with the team taking a different approach (ie, the pure sluggers).

QUOTE (Linnwood @ May 8, 2008 -> 07:37 PM)
Sometimes I think he is just screwing with us.

He can't tell us what he really thinks. I'm sure he agrees with the rest of us in knowing the offense absolutely sucks right now but what good does that do for his team? He has to give us and the media whores the cliche answer to protect his team. Everything else, Ozzie tells us like it is but he can't tell us that!

Edited by Allsox

I'm pretty sure Ozzie is well aware that hitting is the root, stem, and leaf of all this team's problems. Baseball is almost as much a mental game as it is physical, so the last thing the hitters need is even more outside pressure.

That being said, for him to say "the hitting is not a problem" is pretty extreme and I'm sure there were other words he could've used (and inability to find words has never been one of Ozzie's shortcomings). If it's not hitting then what the hell is it?

I think what he was saying is that he doesn't want Kenny to go out and look to add more offense just yet. The hitting has been a problem, but I think what he was trying to say is that our hitters will not be the problem- that out offense will be ok...