Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite poking fun at the people who insist that every time we lose out on a deal it's guaranteed Pax's fault, I should probably note that standing pat from Pax would still be a disastrous move. If we can't get Amare, fine. Then either we need to find something useful that Gooden's contract can turn in to, we need to find a taker for Hughes, or we need to shed the contract of Hinrich or Nocioni to increase our cap space. We're stuck in the worst possible netherworld regarding the luxury tax, Gordon, and expiring contracts right now; maybe not enough to sign Gordon, not enough to offer a max deal in 2010 if Gordon does walk, an expiring contract each of the next 2 seasons, and a bunch of guys on the bench or the injury report who are being paid a lot of money and being forced to play out of position.

Chris in Chicago:

The rumors about the Bulls and Stoudamire and Camby/Kaman are making my head spin! Which end is up?

Bill Ingram:

The Clips aren't moving a big, I can tell you that. Amar'e headed to Chicago unless there's a last second change of heart. The ink is drying on the trade.

This is updated as of an hr or so ago. Gooden, Tyrus, and Thabo is what the rumored package is to be.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 15, 2009 -> 11:49 PM)
I know it's not a big deal. Just seems too scripted. The all-star game has lost a lot of luster to begin with. And the whole weekend was pretty much about the "reunion" between Shaq and Kobe. Let's say Shaq doesn't play. Does Amare share the MVP with Kobe? He put up basically the same numbers Shaq did.

I'm with you 100 percent on this. Allstar game or not this was clearly a stupid marketing ploy that seems very scripted.

Been Closed doors the entire morning.... Kerr, Sarver, Gentry, and a few others (non players) are all in a room right now, he doesn't know what is happening in there.

He thinks Richardson made the trade for Amare better, but worse for the the Suns thinking Richardson is out as well, so far from the other night and way earlier this morning (8am) it is still a go for Amare being gone. But the whole Richardson thing is making the building quiet on the outside and frustrated on the in.

So no new update much, he sounded like he had to keep it down while on the phone so I'm not sure if he was in the office or what. I'll be on all day.

A lot of talk that Jason Richardson might be coming to Chicago with Larry Hughes being included in the deal. This is because of Richardson's recent problems in Phoenix and most believe a change in scenery is necessary. All I know is Rose, Richar, Deng, Amare, Noah is a pretty damn good starting 5. No word as to how legitimate this portion of the rumor is but it would definately solve some serious problems in Chicago. And of course Gordon still fits into the mix as well. In fact, Chicago could at times go with an incredibly agressive front 5 with Rose/Gordon/Richard/Deng/Amare all on the court at once.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 16, 2009 -> 01:29 PM)
A lot of talk that Jason Richardson might be coming to Chicago with Larry Hughes being included in the deal. This is because of Richardson's recent problems in Phoenix and most believe a change in scenery is necessary. All I know is Rose, Richar, Deng, Amare, Noah is a pretty damn good starting 5. No word as to how legitimate this portion of the rumor is but it would definately solve some serious problems in Chicago. And of course Gordon still fits into the mix as well. In fact, Chicago could at times go with an incredibly agressive front 5 with Rose/Gordon/Richard/Deng/Amare all on the court at once.

And that's why I think it still wont happen. ;)

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 16, 2009 -> 11:29 AM)

I still can't see Gordon being able to be brought back in that fashion, even if the salaries are sort of a wash with him and Hughes. Especially since taking on Richardson would add another year - through 2011, that we're holding another contract.

But...that would seriously end my complaints about the Bulls not having a shooting guard.

I will lose it... I will emotionally lose it if we land Amare AND J-Rich.

Hell, I'll lose it if we land Amare. I heard a rumor that we might be getting Steve Harnden-favorite Matt Barnes in the deal as well.

IT REALLY SOUNDS LIKE THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN, SO IM REALLY GOING TO BE PISSED WHEN IT DOESN'T.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 16, 2009 -> 01:46 PM)
I will lose it... I will emotionally lose it if we land Amare AND J-Rich.

Hell, I'll lose it if we land Amare. I heard a rumor that we might be getting Steve Harnden-favorite Matt Barnes in the deal as well.

IT REALLY SOUNDS LIKE THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN, SO IM REALLY GOING TO BE PISSED WHEN IT DOESN'T.

I agree with you...getting my hopes all high and just crashing when this doesn't get done.

By the way, i love your new sig, it's high comedy.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 03:04 AM)
New Rumor -- bigger, better rumor

Amare to Bulls for Gooden, Tyrus, 1st Round Pick

Amare from Bulls for Chris Bosh

Bosh > Amare

if this were to happen... wowzerz

Source: http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/...-bull17.article

I don't think I can agree on that. However, Bosh is a STUD.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 01:09 AM)
I don't think I can agree on that. However, Bosh is a STUD.

it's arguable either way, neither are amazing defensively (again debatable who is worse), both can create their own offense, both are 6-10 (Amare is wider + weighs 20lbs more). Bosh has a higher PER 22.4-20.1

the value turns for me based on age (Bosh is a year and a half younger), injuries (amare had the microfracture surgery, and yes Bosh has missed time the past few years as well) and the talent around them -- I think Bosh has done more with less over the years.

that being said... its a toss up, however, I'd still rather have Bosh

probability of getting nobody? likely.