Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Feb 14, 2009 -> 10:55 PM)
Rudy Fernandez had the best dunk of the night, IMO, yet he only got a 42 on it. What a crock of s**t.

This. Nate Robinson jumping off Chandler's back was weak.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 14, 2009 -> 10:11 PM)
You could say that about the whole weekend. I remember in the 90's and even the first part of this decade when I would be glued to the television during all-star Saturday.

Hell yeah. I miss the Spy Hunter music playing during the 3 point contest.

I guarantee that Lebron will NOT be in the contest next year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 14, 2009 -> 11:02 PM)
Indeed one of the worst dunk contests ever. So did Lebron say for sure that he would be in it next year?

I completely disagree. Did you watch any of the dunk contest from the after Vince Carter era up to last yr? They were all pathetic. Dwight's dunk off the side of the backboard was awesome, as was Nate dunking OVER Dwight. And Rudy's behind the back (which TNT f***ed up on) was also very impressive.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 14, 2009 -> 10:36 PM)
I completely disagree. Did you watch any of the dunk contest from the after Vince Carter era up to last yr? They were all pathetic. Dwight's dunk off the side of the backboard was awesome, as was Nate dunking OVER Dwight. And Rudy's behind the back (which TNT f***ed up on) was also very impressive.

Maybe saying it was one of the worst ever was a little steep. But color me unimpressed for the most part. Lebron could definitely add some serious life to the contest next year if he's not just talking s***.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Feb 15, 2009 -> 10:42 AM)
I want to see Dwight Howard back in it next year. Nate Robinson will be back. It would be cool if Lebron James and another high profile player did it.

I think bringing back vinsanity would be fun, I love MJ... be VC back in 2000 was probably the best I'd ever seen.

Bring back anyone but howard. I find all his dunks to be overrated. Last year he didn't even touch the rim on his last attempt. Gerald Green's cupcake dunk was superior. It's also hard for me to be impressed with a near 7 foot dunker. I love NATE though. That dunk over Dwight was very impressive.

Talks Heating Up

Talks between the Suns and Bulls regarding Amare Stoudemire have intensified, according to three people with knowledge of the situation told CBSSports.com.

Phoenix's interest in working with the Bulls on a trade is because of their presumed increased desire to acquire Tyrus Thomas.

One rival executive familiar with the talks said Portland evidently is no longer an option.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 15, 2009 -> 10:36 PM)
Awww, how cute! They gave both Shaq and Kobe the MVP award even though Kobe was clearly the best player on the court (and I can't stand Kobe's punk ass). I guess that completes the big "reunion." f***in' corny as hell.

Well Shaq's 3rd quarter was pretty fun to watch, besides it's an all-star game MVP...not that big of a deal.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Feb 15, 2009 -> 11:14 PM)
Well Shaq's 3rd quarter was pretty fun to watch, besides it's an all-star game MVP...not that big of a deal.

I know it's not a big deal. Just seems too scripted. The all-star game has lost a lot of luster to begin with. And the whole weekend was pretty much about the "reunion" between Shaq and Kobe. Let's say Shaq doesn't play. Does Amare share the MVP with Kobe? He put up basically the same numbers Shaq did.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Feb 15, 2009 -> 11:58 PM)

f***, why does this happen every year? Id prefer that we just sucked dick, and stayed out of trade rumors... I have honestly thought about Amare in a Bulls everyday since the rumor broke.

Tyrus better keep progressing.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Feb 16, 2009 -> 01:19 AM)
f***, why does this happen every year? Id prefer that we just sucked dick, and stayed out of trade rumors... I have honestly thought about Amare in a Bulls everyday since the rumor broke.

Tyrus better keep progressing.

As long as John Paxson is the Bulls GM, nothing will happen. Hopefully the rumors of his resignation are true, because he is just so bad.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 16, 2009 -> 01:31 AM)
As long as John Paxson is the Bulls GM, nothing will happen. Hopefully the rumors of his resignation are true, because he is just so bad.

Can we at least wait until we get a few more details before it's assumed that John Paxson is the sole reason the trade doesn't go down?