**White Sox vs. Angels Game Thread! 5/24/08**

Brian

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to really see Swisher start pulling the ball. Its a rare time where I think him pulling will actually help (where as for 95% of players in a funk, it comes down to hitting the other way). As I type that, Swish damn near hits an oppo fielddouble.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 24, 2008 -> 03:03 PM)
NOTE TO THOME:

HITTERS ACTUALLY SWING THE BAT SOMETIMES.

I still say that they should check his vision.

It wouldn't matter, when he swings he has the worse percentage of making contact than any everyday player in all of baseball. I heard about two days ago that he makes contact on ~30% of his swings. That is f***ing HORRID.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 24, 2008 -> 05:00 PM)
Hmmm, interesting stat. The Sox have actually scored the 2nd most runs in the AL Central in May. The #1 offense in the Central right now, by far? Minnesota. Both the Sox and Detroit are at 84, Cleveland is at a league worst 69 runs this month.

feasting on Seattle, SF, and Cleveland teams that are all baaadddd, that 8gm streak was very deceiving

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 24, 2008 -> 03:03 PM)
i havent listened to many radio games at all this year....but holy christ i thought hawk slurped opposing pitchers...stone and farmer are just as bad

Weaver has pitched stellar, but the Sox have had some opportunities to get one or two home. I can say the same about Saunders yesterday. Still, these guys deserve the love. That said it doesn't mean you can't also discuss the Sox offense as clearly there are still some issues there (ie, it is too power driven and the team really could use a few guys that are just pure average type hitters as opposed to pure power guys).

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ May 24, 2008 -> 03:04 PM)
feasting on Seattle, SF, and Cleveland teams that are all baaadddd, that 8gm streak was very deceiving

Um, 0 wins in that streak were against Seattle, 2 were against these Angels, and Cleveland took the WS Champs to 7 games in the ALCS last year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 24, 2008 -> 05:05 PM)
Jered Weaver owns the White Sox.

that's just the bottom line, don't know how a guy with a 4.5 ERA throws a 0.45 against one team over a period of time where the roster saw many changes, but it just happens. As soon as I saw Weaver was up today I said, oh sh*t, Danks will have to throw a no-hitter to get the W today. Gotta sign off on this one, just too freakin aggravating, waste of a Sat afternoon.....

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 24, 2008 -> 02:09 PM)
Masset has so much movement on his FB and such a nasty curve.

I think it's time to start trusting Nick a little more with some more innings. Save Liney and Dotel a bit more.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 24, 2008 -> 03:12 PM)
I think it's time to start trusting Nick a little more with some more innings. Save Liney and Dotel a bit more.

Counting today, he now has 3 consecutive outings with 2 or more innings and 0 ER.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 24, 2008 -> 05:16 PM)
Or groundout to 3rd. I got a feeling Sox are gonna come back though.

dewayne wise will hit a 2 R HR with nobody on base...just watch