Danica Patrick

So I don't follow racing at all...but I read an article I found interesting yesterday. Danica stormed down pit row to go after Ryan Brisco after she was knocked out of the race by his car(save the whose at fault or the women shouldn't be racing argument for another thread) I guess she went after another driver some other time and pushed him as well. So the question is, how do you handle this? If she got to Brisco and pushed him or hit him or whatever...what's a guy suppose to do? It's pretty much lose lose in that situation. I pretty much go by the standard of you don't hit a woman...period. So the question is if she came up and pushed him...do you think he has the right to push her back. How would you handle the situation? I mean I know she probably wants to be treated just like everyone else...but she's 5'2 100lbs...she won't be...so how does that situation play out in the future. This is all specualtion cause she could have been just going there to chew him out...but since she has pushed someone before...the chance is she would do it again.

Edited by Controlled Chaos

If she is swinging at me, I would just bear hug her until her pit crew got there to restrain her. No punches or pushes would be necessary, the girl is really tiny.

She is Tony Stewarts female mini-me, lol

i used to suscribe to the 'never hit a woman policy' until i got sucker punched by a girl (drunk) at a party (mistaken identity). As bad as it sounds....if she pushes you.....push her back.....if she punches you..well.....what does she expect???

Never escalate it...but stay at her level.

QUOTE (juddling @ May 29, 2008 -> 10:03 AM)
i used to suscribe to the 'never hit a woman policy' until i got sucker punched by a girl (drunk) at a party (mistaken identity). As bad as it sounds....if she pushes you.....push her back.....if she punches you..well.....what does she expect???

Never escalate it...but stay at her level.

And then never live down the fact that you hit a woman.

Never... hit... a woman.

I thought I read that she went after someone's pit crew, not a driver -- but I very well could have read it wrong.

Anyway, as for what a guy should do -- I sort of agree with juddling. If she pushes someone and gets pushed back, fine. If she throws a punch, she better be ready to take one.

If it were me, I'd probably try to stay one level below. If a girl pushes me, I'd try to restrain her, maybe push back, but not too hard. If a girl threw a punch, I'd try to push her to the ground. But when we're talking about professional athletes, I wouldn't blame a guy who matches whatever she throws at him.

And if it were actually Danica, I'd try to turn it into a wrestling match... :wub:

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 29, 2008 -> 09:37 AM)

Never... hit... a woman.

I've thought about this scenario before and have come up with this. A woman gets the first two shots, if she attempts a third one she has no intention of stopping. I'll stop her some way. I won't stand there and take a beating from anyone.

QUOTE (YASNY @ May 29, 2008 -> 10:49 AM)
I've thought about this scenario before and have come up with this. A woman gets the first two shots, if she attempts a third one she has no intention of stopping. I'll stop her some way. I won't stand there and take a beating from anyone.

Basically... and if we're talking about a tough, athletic woman, the rules change completely. The general rule of thumb I think we can all agree on is that a guy should never, ever initiate violence under almost any circumstances, but no woman should be given a free pass to beat on a man just because she's a woman. A man has the right to defend himself.

The specifics in this case are moot because Brisco was still in his car and pretty much defenseless, but for arguement's sake I say I'd probably just hold onto her until track officials or someone else could restrain her. But, I'd never hit her. I might try to cop a feel, though. :ph34r:

QUOTE (YASNY @ May 29, 2008 -> 08:49 AM)

Learn how to block a punch.

I think it depends on the situation.

My initial reaction is to never hit a woman, but I'm sure there are circumstances in which it could be necessary.

If she pushes me, though...hell yes I'd push her back. :P

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 29, 2008 -> 12:27 PM)
I wouldn't hit a woman unless it's like Nicole Bass. I would just take a little bit of a beating and try to block what I could

my rule is I would not hit anyone smaller and/or weaker than me, which generally would include the majority of women. But, if Nicole Bass is swinging at me, I'm swinging back.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ May 29, 2008 -> 11:44 AM)
I think it depends on the situation.

My initial reaction is to never hit a woman, but I'm sure there are circumstances in which it could be necessary.

If she pushes me, though...hell yes I'd push her back. :P

When I was little and my sister would hit me...I would trip her. I would kick her foot into her other leg so she would fall down...and then I would always be able to tell my parents...I never laid a hand on her.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 29, 2008 -> 10:36 AM)
I would let Crush from American Gladiators kick my butt. Gladly

Crush (Gina Carano) is ridiculously hot. I've never seen the new "Gladiators," but I saw some show about her that talked about how she's into mixed martial arts, which is pretty badass that she can look that good and be that tough.

Oh yeah, and as for the thread topic, I'd never hit a girl. I'd try my best to restrain her somehow. If you hit a girl, you'll never hear the end of it.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 29, 2008 -> 01:43 PM)
Crush (Gina Carano) is ridiculously hot. I've never seen the new "Gladiators," but I saw some show about her that talked about how she's into mixed martial arts, which is pretty badass that she can look that good and be that tough.

Oh yeah, and as for the thread topic, I'd never hit a girl. I'd try my best to restrain her somehow. If you hit a girl, you'll never hear the end of it.

She will be fighting on the Elite XC card on CBS this saturday night, it's headlined by Kimbo Slice

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 29, 2008 -> 10:55 AM)
but no woman should be given a free pass to beat on a man just because she's a woman. A man has the right to defend himself.

That's the kind of advice Chuck Finley could have used a few years ago. ;)

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 29, 2008 -> 03:37 PM)

Never... hit... a woman.

you're damned if you do and damned if you don't Steve. I'd rather live down the fact that i was forced defend myself by hitting a woman than to live down the fact that i let a girl beat me up. Again....i would only do it in self-defense of myself or my family.