6/3 - Sox vs. KC, 7:11 CT, WCIU

knightni

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 07:24 PM)
if there is ever a year to go over slot...this is the year as we dont have a 2nd rounder, so why not use the extra money to throw it at a guy like pedro

I hope they do. It infuriates me to think about slot recommendations with the state of our farm system.

I just won't be as upset this year as last season because I know there's still a quality player available.

Also, who knows whether we'll be going overslot in the latter rounds (which is several hundred thousand instead of several million)

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 07:22 PM)
I'm willing to insult our organization much as the next person for their issues with drafting and developing even average players, but there's no way they overdraft that much.

Even if we pass on Alvarez (which I'll be upset with), it won't be the difference in talent that, say, Rick Porcello to Aaron Poreda provided. It'll instead be the difference of Wallace/Beckham/Smoak/whomever else around that slot and Alvarez.

Speaking of 3rd round prospects, it looks like Danks could very well be there, so I'd expect him to be the pick if he was there, even if Boras is his client.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 07:27 PM)
Speaking of 3rd round prospects, it looks like Danks could very well be there, so I'd expect him to be the pick if he was there, even if Boras is his client.

from a monetary prospective, he probably should have taken the money we threw at him before he went to texas....i think we offered a 1 mil, but he didnt bite...dont think hell get that offer this year

although the degree is probably worth 1 mil over the long run

Edited by daa84

If other teams did something drastic, such as walk Quentin every AB -- even with the bases loaded -- we'd be screwed.

I'd like to see teams do that, some day. Just avoid players all together if he seems to be one of the few productive hitters in a lineup.

QUOTE (feistyboy @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 06:29 PM)
Good to see the bats firing early.

What's the Wolf say in Pulp Fiction?...."Well...let's not go @#$% each other's @#$% quite yet...."

Saw the same thing a few days ago too....