White Sox loser

WhiteSoxfan1986

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chisoxfan79 @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 08:03 PM)
can we hit any lefties im worried about our series against the Pirates were guaranteed to face 2 lefties seeing how they have 4 in the rotation

Well, if the lefty has a decent change and/or a good breaking ball, it seems like this offense would have absolutely no chance.

We had one of our patented offesive hot streaks for a week or so and now it's back the SSDD.

No one should be surprised by this, but judging from the posts the week of the streak verus what we've seen before and after, most don't get it.

One dimensional power hitting teams are notoriously streaky. We have no other balance to manufacture runs or give another team to something to think about.

For those, that don't get it, I hope they figure it our soon. I hope KW figures it our soon.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 09:25 PM)
This offense hates John Danks.

There isn't any other explanation. I love watching John pitch, yet I hate it when he does because I know I have to watch those disgusting attempts of hitting the ball.

Edited by jenks45monster

I have never seen a team collectively all shut down at the same time. In addition, I have been calling to drop quentin from the three spot for the last week. it is clearly time, in addition its time to move AJ from the 2 spot as well. Time to shake this crap up. Get the missle back in and bat him second.

QUOTE (quickman @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 07:32 PM)
I have never seen a team collectively all shut down at the same time. In addition, I have been calling to drop quentin from the three spot for the last week. it is clearly time, in addition its time to move AJ from the 2 spot as well. Time to shake this crap up. Get the missle back in and bat him second.

AJ had 2 of our 3 hits today. He's actually hitting .400 in June.

I think everyone can see that Quentin needs a couple of healing days.

QUOTE (quickman @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 09:32 PM)

AJ hasn't done anything so far to warrant being taken out of the 2 spot. He's been fine there. Not counting today's 2 hits, he's hitting .390 in June with a OPS over 900. In fact I will even go so far as to say that dropping him in the order right now would be a pretty dumb thing to do.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 08:36 PM)
AJ hasn't done anything so far to warrant being taken out of the 2 spot. He's been fine there. Not counting today's 2 hits, he's hitting .390 in June with a OPS over 900. In fact I will even go so far as to say that dropping him in the order right now would be a pretty dumb thing to do.

AJ is not a 2 hitter, It is not a negative to move him to a more normal spot. Put the missle at 2 and move AJ down. Take questin and bat him 6 or 7. The lineup needs a mix. Most teams don't need to do these things, but our pure number 2 hitter is hitting leadoff, and our number 6 hitter is hitting 2. The high priced players don't hit, quentin our best player, has found out the league is scouting him well. MIX IT UP.

I watched the whole game because I haven't seen a ton of games and sensed we would win 2-1.

Horrible effort.

I don't understand why our hitters just don't do what AJ did in his last at bat.

He ripped the ball where it was pitched into left center.

Thome has a few homers this year where he's ripped it the other way.

But more often than not, just s***ty pop up at bats.

How about OC's horrible routine DP grounder to short.

I didn't get to see any games in the last home stand. You guys must have had a blast seeing us actually score runs.

Swisher actually got hits that homestand and OC, too.

I don't think I've seen Swish get a hit all year.

I"m glad some of you respect his on base percentage.

I feel like a guy has to hit .280 or better to get kudos from me.

I mean the guy is hitting what? .205??? Hit the f***ing ball, Swish.

QUOTE (quickman @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 10:44 AM)
now we are 4.5 up, and don't look now but the tigers are catching fire. Hate to wake them up.

Like I said in the game thread: objects in the mirror are closer than they appear.

So much for beating the crappy NL teams to pad our lead. We face Colorado's best pitcher tomorrow, then a bunch of lefties from the Pirates and then the Cubs and a quick west coast trip to LA and then back home for the Cubs again. This could get real ugly fast. If this offense doesn't pull their heads out of their asses soon, wave goodbye to first place.

you cannot continue with this lineup , mix the damn thing up. move people around. Quentin looks like someone just shot his dog. Furthermore how about a little advanced scouting on these pitchers. Crap we make these pitchers look fantastic. We are at home, its summer, and we get three hits. its crazy. Furthermore the book is out on AJ. just run on the guy, you have a great chance of being safe.