Congratulations, Mark!

DaTank

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 10:36 AM)
On the positive side, Vin Scully was certainly a nice break from Hawk and DJ.

I know. I watched on MLB.TV and really enjoyed Vin Scully. He is very insightful and, well, actually an amazing broadcaster.

Also, congrats Mark! Keep pitching this good!

QUOTE (kageman129 @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 09:20 AM)
I know. I watched on MLB.TV and really enjoyed Vin Scully. He is very insightful and, well, actually an amazing broadcaster.

He also does it without a color commentator to fill in the gaps, which makes him even more amazing.

Also, congrats Mark! Keep pitching this good!

Yeah, props to Mark for not only that, but for having a huge game and giving us a win after a demoralizing sweep. The timing couldn't have been better.

Mark Buehrle is easy to like.

He shuts up when he sucks and just blames himself.

He's pretty modest when he wins. He handles controversy well like people being mad he wore a Cardinals hat once as if that was some big crime.

He's been great as a White Sox.

QUOTE (Shamrock4Life @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 03:44 PM)
DirecTV and MLB Package means I switched over to the LA broadcast and got to see it. Scully didn't even mention it until after the returned from the 8th inning commercial break. He didn't even know about it.

Getting your 1000th K is kind of like hitting your 200th HR. Its kinda a big deal to the player, but in terms of baseball it's meh.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 02:39 PM)
Getting your 1000th K is kind of like hitting your 200th HR. Its kinda a big deal to the player, but in terms of baseball it's meh.

Actually, it's more like hitting your 150th career homerun. Mark Buehrle is the 421st player in baseball history to K at least 1000 batters, 284 players have homered at least 200 times while 419 players have hit at least 150.

For comparison's sake; Javy should reach 2000 career K's sometime before the season is through which will tie him with Andy Benes for 61st all time, sandwiched between Billy Pierce (1999) and Catfish Hunter (2012.)

I thought he would never reach it yesterday, he was on the verge of striking out a bunch of guys but got nice slow grounders instead. Hey, it works...

Shows you he cared more about his actual performance rather than the strikeout.