Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 07:09 AM)
So this might be the best possible scenario for the Hawks right now with Khabi playing really well... Could he have some trade value finally?

Yeah, if the Hawks play their cards right, they could hold onto Khabi until the deadline and really get some nice pieces for him possibly, if they traded him to a contender.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 07:09 AM)
So this might be the best possible scenario for the Hawks right now with Khabi playing really well... Could he have some trade value finally?

If he plays at the level he did in Tampa for an extended period (say two months or so), there will be teams lining up to add him for the playoff run.

I would suppose it had a lot to do with how the team has looked. Pucks bouncing everywhere, no luck on the powerplay (despite endless amounts of PP talent)... I'm sure there will be a huge hire here somewhere...

Isn't Quenneville part of the organization now?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 11:21 AM)
I would suppose it had a lot to do with how the team has looked. Pucks bouncing everywhere, no luck on the powerplay (despite endless amounts of PP talent)... I'm sure there will be a huge hire here somewhere...

Isn't Quenneville part of the organization now?

I guess I called it.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 09:56 AM)
Any major changes anyone who can watch the games can see in terms of style / strategy with Quenneville as coach instead of Savvy?

Admittedly, I didn't watch the game that closely... but from what I did see, it did look like they were playing less dump and chase. Considering our team is small and agile (at least our talented players are small and agile) it makes sense for them to carry the puck over the line than to send them in to get their heads banged in.