Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A touch off topic...

To anyone that uses NHL Network Online to see highlights...or uses the Blackhawks TV application...what do I need to install/enable to get it to work? If I click a box score, I can play the highlights in that small screen at the top. When I open the bigger window to watch any content, almost everything shows up, except the screen is just black. Clicking any other highlights does nothing. Also, the play/stop/volume menu bar at the bottom of the screen shows up for a second, then goes away.

I installed adobe flash player 10 and nothing. Anyone know what's up? I can't get it to work in neither firefox nor internet explorer.

TIA

Iam a new hockey fan so I dont know how well my assessment of Huet can be, but it seems like all they opposing teams have to do is shoot the puck at his shoulder level and up and he cant do anything to stop it.He is good with handleing anything low but get the puck up and he cant do s***.I was there at the Sharks game and I am pretty sure all 6 goals were high shots.

That was a terrible game to base opinions on, but it's clear the sporadic playing time is effecting Huet.

Ugh, Dale Tallon. We were one year from being free of bad goaltender contracts, and now we may have another. Maybe Huet just needs the playing time, but this franchise really needs to look into developing its own netminder (and please, no Crawford comments, the guy is not going to be an option).

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 04:52 PM)
That was a terrible game to base opinions on, but it's clear the sporadic playing time is effecting Huet.

Ugh, Dale Tallon. We were one year from being free of bad goaltender contracts, and now we may have another. Maybe Huet just needs the playing time, but this franchise really needs to look into developing its own netminder (and please, no Crawford comments, the guy is not going to be an option).

From all accounts Niemi could be that guy.

Hey, another OT game! Surprise!!!

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 11:26 AM)
I wonder if the Hawks would actually consider dealing Huet and re-signing Khabibulin if they could right now?

Theodore hasn't been good for the Caps, so I wonder if they would take Cristobal back?

Would league rules allow them to deal Huet already?

The moment he's gone, Khabibulin would go back to sucking a fat dick.

I saw this posted in Puck Daddy's Chat today FWIW;

Wyshynski: Bob McKenzie reported today that Nylander to the Hawks is basically done. Am I alone in thinking that if it's Byfuglien going the other way, that's an awful deal?

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 01:30 PM)
Because that's what this team needs right now? The Hawks are 2nd in the NHL in scoring, behind only the Wings.

On top of it, Nylander isn't just going to be a salary dump for the Caps. They are going to want a solid player along with Bulin. Is that going to be Barker? Skille? Bulin is taking up a lot of space, but he is also playing out his f***ing ass, and has put this team on his back.

I would still like the Hawks to acquire a 2nd line center. However, Nylander is NOT the answer. Tallon has f***ed this cap enough. Adding the 35 year old Nylander for 3 years is going to be fantastic.

The window for this team is just starting to open. If Tallon jumps the gun and acquires Nylander, you might see that window close a lot sooner than it should.

I agree with your entire post minus the first sentence. If you think they will finish 2nd, or even near it, in NHL scoring, you see this team differently than I do.

We're still 1.5 top 6 forwards short, which really means we're 2 short.

But everything else about Nylander is correct. f*** no

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 16, 2008 -> 07:18 PM)
Sopel is such a f***ing waste of space. His ass should have been waived yesterday.

He's not eligible for waivers. What a dumb move it was to sign that guy last season.