Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 02:03 PM)
Brashear suspended 6 games. Ridiculous.

He had one game coming automatically for making contact with a player during the pregame, which is what Andre Roy got suspended for during the Hawks/Flames series. Plus as a guy who has already had a suspension during this series, not to mention all of his other suspensions, going out and doing what he did ... well you get what you deserve.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 08:22 AM)
Such an awesome day it was yesterday for a franchise that's been so bad for so long. What an awesome feeling. Any more advancements is a bonus to me.

This is not the mentality you should have.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 10:21 AM)
This is not the mentality you should have.

I don't think that's a negative attitude.

I felt like this year would be a success if the Hawks made it to the playoffs and maybe won a playoff round.

They've done that, exceeding my expectations as far as conference seeding is concerned, so I also feel like anything now is gravy.

That in no way means that I don't want them to win now that they're in the 2nd round - personally, I want a Stanley Cup full of "gravy".

But if this is where it ends this year, I don't think it's been a bad year in any way.....other than the Brian Campbell message board pissing matches.... :D

QUOTE (The Critic @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 11:34 AM)
I don't think that's a negative attitude.

Oh, I didn't say it was a negative attitude, I just think this team has a lot of hockey left in it, and though I'm happy we got this far... I crave much more.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 11:05 AM)
Oh, I didn't say it was a negative attitude, I just think this team has a lot of hockey left in it, and though I'm happy we got this far... I crave much more.

OK, cool, I misunderstood then.

:cheers

I'm a little nervous because I think Vancouver is much better than Calgary, but I'm excited because I also think they've got a lot left in the tank.

Khabibulin seems to finally be the guy the Hawks thought they were getting, and they went out and closed a series on the road, which is huge for confidence.

DARE TO DREAM!!!!

:headbang

I'm a little nervous because I think Vancouver is much better than Calgary

From what I heard (though Jeff, Tony or others can chime in a bit more on it) they are bigger, stronger, faster than Calgary. Don't they got those Sudin brothers? Heard one was hurt though. We can definitely take them, but we do have our hands full.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 02:07 PM)
From what I heard (though Jeff, Tony or others can chime in a bit more on it) they are bigger, stronger, faster than Calgary. Don't they got those Sudin brothers? Heard one was hurt though. We can definitely take them, but we do have our hands full.

The Sedin twins.. they are a couple of pussies.

To be honest, I think we'll do fine against Vancouver. They barely held off the Flames in their division, and only have home ice because of stupid rules that division winners get the top 3 seeds. Just because they are the 3 seed does not mean they are better than the Blackhawks... quite the opposite in fact.

Hawks in 6.

Edited by Steve9347