OZUNA DFA

rokimar

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 12:55 PM)
Sad to see him go, glad Uribe was held on to. I remember leaving a game early once only to have Pablo hit either a game tying or winning HR.

I have a good story for that game...The batter before Pablo was AJ...and he lined a shot down the 1st base line, foul...hitting a guy in section 114 (I sit in 113) square in the nose...blood is gushing everywhere....chaos ensues...and then Pablo hits a home run, as people are attending to this guy. Game goes into the 10th, and the 10th is spent smelling bleach, as the attendants try and get all his blood up. And then we won. Yay! By the way, the girlfriend of the guy got the ball, after it bounced off his face.

Fave Pablo moment: that time a squirrel got out onto the field, and while all the other players milled around, Pablo tried to catch it with his glove. I have no idea what he thought he was going to do with it if he caught it, but, it was a valiant and humorous effort.

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 01:03 PM)
I have a good story for that game...The batter before Pablo was AJ...and he lined a shot down the 1st base line, foul...hitting a guy in section 114 (I sit in 113) square in the nose...blood is gushing everywhere....chaos ensues...and then Pablo hits a home run, as people are attending to this guy. Game goes into the 10th, and the 10th is spent smelling bleach, as the attendants try and get all his blood up. And then we won. Yay! By the way, the girlfriend of the guy got the ball, after it bounced off his face.[b/]

Now that is definition of taking one for the team.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 01:05 PM)
Now that is definition of taking one for the team.

If the guy would have ducked, I would have taken that ball in the lower abdominal region. And it was hit hard and on a rope. The dude's nose was shreaded.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 12:46 PM)
So if nobody claims him and he accepts a minor league assignment we can keep him, right?

There isn't room for him in Charlotte either. He's better off going to a team that needs a utility guy.

QUOTE (north side chi sox fan @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 01:05 PM)
OZUNA DFA per 670 the Score

This most likely means Bobby is fine and won't be going on the DL. YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD...YES!

I love Liney, but the 9th inning just isn't his thing.

So long Pablo. I saw that Game 2 ALCS live in person and will never forget it.

I swear Uribe must have 9 lives or something.

Hey, since the Indians are in trading mode, maybe they can give us Andy Gonzalez back!

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 03:43 PM)
Didn't he start in the Cards' org? Touted as their future SS at one time, until his age was revealed to be incorrect and his numbers slipped too?

I remember him being with the Marlins minor league system...not sure if that was before or after he aged 6 years though.