OZUNA DFA

rokimar

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 02:43 PM)
Didn't he start in the Cards' org? Touted as their future SS at one time, until his age was revealed to be incorrect and his numbers slipped too?

Yep. He eventually was dealt to the Marlins in the trade that brought Renteria to St. Louis.

I could see the Cards picking him up for infield depth and to face CC.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 01:29 PM)
So long Pablo. I saw that Game 2 ALCS live in person and will never forget it.

I swear Uribe must have 9 lives or something.

Hey, since the Indians are in trading mode, maybe they can give us Andy Gonzalez back!

For those keeping score at home, please note the obligatory Andy Gonzalez post was in #44 in this thread :lol:

Konerko is coming back.

I'm not as happy as I should be. I liked the both the offensive and defensive makeup and the way the team played much better without an uproductive Paul Konerko in the lineup.

Hopefully we start seeing some old Paulie.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 06:16 PM)
I guess this could also be a ploy by Ken Williams to basically gain additional leverage on whichever team he is potentially talking to regarding a Uribe deal (basically indicating that we don't have to trade him and are happy to keep him on the bench...heck, we just DFA'd Ozuna to show exactly that).

Again, odds are that isn't the case, but its a possibility. I also believe the Sox are comfortable with there options down in the minors in Bourgois, Richar, and Getz.

All legit possibilities, but Ozuna might take the assignment and stay with the Sox system too?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 01:46 PM)
All legit possibilities, but Ozuna might take the assignment and stay with the Sox system too?

If he cleared waivers and didn't have any interest than I'm sure he would go down to Charlotte and stick with an organization that likes him and has given him a chance. However, I saw where the Cardinals might be interested and I'm sure at least a few other MLB teams would be willing to give him a MLB job. So why would you stay with the Sox in the minors when you have the opportunity to play on a MLB bench.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 03:46 PM)
Konerko is coming back.

I'm not as happy as I should be. I liked the both the offensive and defensive makeup and the way the team played much better without an uproductive Paul Konerko in the lineup.

yeah same here. I think I am more disappointed in seeing pablo go than I am glad that Paulie the Rally Killer is back. As long as Konerko is back in the 6 spot I guess he wont hurt us too much. It sure was a nice 15 days without him though.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)
Konerko is coming back.

I agree, playing first seemed to rejuvenate Swisher and wasn't bad defensively, but now its back to center for him, where having the defense of Anderson/Wise was a huge plus. and the spark Wise seemed to bring to the lineup was nice too.

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 10:00 PM)
yeah same here. I think I am more disappointed in seeing pablo go than I am glad that Paulie the Rally Killer is back. As long as Konerko is back in the 6 spot I guess he wont hurt us too much. It sure was a nice 15 days without him though.

Oh goodness, this is beginning to remind me of Cubs fans thinking they were better off when Soriano was gone.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 03:01 PM)
Oh goodness, this is beginning to remind me of Cubs fans thinking they were better off when Soriano was gone.

Haha yea it is kind of. But you have to admit, Swish was stellar defensively at 1b, im not sure if that helped him offensively but he did pick up his game. And having Anderson out in CF was nice. THe platooning Wise/BA combo was working. Swish is decent out in CF, but his #1 possition is 1b. I just hope Pauly can turn it around and help us win games. Maybe that 20 day break is just what he needed to rejuvinate his all around game.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 10:08 PM)
Haha yea it is kind of. But you have to admit, Swish was stellar defensively at 1b, im not sure if that helped him offensively but he did pick up his game. And having Anderson out in CF was nice. THe platooning Wise/BA combo was working. Swish is decent out in CF, but his #1 possition is 1b. I just hope Pauly can turn it around and help us win games. Maybe that 20 day break is just what he needed to rejuvinate his all around game.

Ozzie can still manage this team to use everyone effectively. I agree though, Swisher played amazing defense at 1B. By far, he was the best defensive first baseman I've seen on the southside. I didn't like Wise's defense, as he played far too shallow.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 03:22 PM)
Ozzie can still manage this team to use everyone effectively. I agree though, Swisher played amazing defense at 1B. By far, he was the best defensive first baseman I've seen on the southside. I didn't like Wise's defense, as he played far too shallow.

Ross Gload was awfully good when he played there. He's the only one I can think of that is close, but Swish is still better.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 09:25 PM)
Ross Gload was awfully good when he played there. He's the only one I can think of that is close, but Swish is still better.

Gload was all hype...he made a few very costly errors over there. Swisher made a lot of plays look easy that PK wouldn't have gotten to.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 04:28 PM)
Gload was all hype...he made a few very costly errors over there. Swisher made a lot of plays look easy that PK wouldn't have gotten to.

I never understood the Gload hype either. He was one of the worst defensive outfielders I've ever seen, and his 1st base defense sucked too.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 02:32 PM)
I could picture Pablo ending up in St. Louis.

You took the words right out of my mouth. LaRussa must be foaming at the mouth to get him. Although, the Angels could be a good fit too.

Edited by JPN366

I am sick and tired of everyone saying o and uribe would be a great backup at 3b if we need him. He hasnt played there since 2004 where he played third for the first time in his career. Screw having him at third, someone find the insurance firm or used car dealship the Milkman is running and ask him if he wants to wear black again.

QUOTE (TCQ @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 09:51 PM)
I am sick and tired of everyone saying o and uribe would be a great backup at 3b if we need him. He hasnt played there since 2004 where he played third for the first time in his career. Screw having him at third, someone find the insurance firm or used car dealship the Milkman is running and ask him if he wants to wear black again.

I liked Herbert "The Milkman" Perry, but I'd have to say at this stage of their life Uribe is a beter 3Bman :)

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 08:51 PM)
If he cleared waivers and didn't have any interest than I'm sure he would go down to Charlotte and stick with an organization that likes him and has given him a chance. However, I saw where the Cardinals might be interested and I'm sure at least a few other MLB teams would be willing to give him a MLB job. So why would you stay with the Sox in the minors when you have the opportunity to play on a MLB bench.

Very true. Most likely Ozuna can offer a lot to another major league team and he probbaly will

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 03:28 PM)

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 03:34 PM)
I never understood the Gload hype either. He was one of the worst defensive outfielders I've ever seen, and his 1st base defense sucked too.

I think you are both dead wrong on this. I think people took his early problems in the outfield and extended them to 1B, which wasn't the case at all. But that gets into another topic, one which doesn't really matter anyway.

I agree that Swish is the best I've seen over there for the Sox, at least for a very very long time.