• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 8, 2008 -> 11:47 AM)
An overwhelmingly large proportion of America could care less about capital gains. That's for the elitists. And Obama is proposing an elimination of income tax for seniors making less than $50K.

Anyone that doesnt cares about capitol gains tax is an idiot. If it doesnt affect you in some aspect of your life somehow you are doing something wrong.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 8, 2008 -> 05:21 PM)
Anyone that doesnt cares about capitol gains tax is an idiot. If it doesnt affect you in some aspect of your life somehow you are doing something wrong.

That really wasn't necessary

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 8, 2008 -> 07:51 PM)
If you include words, it needs to be McCain's. Attack the candidate, not the assistant.

Based on the out pouring off support, Palin IS the candidate now. McCain is the side car. As a guy on TPM said, "when will Palin drop McCain from the ticket?"

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 8, 2008 -> 06:28 PM)
Based on the out pouring off support, Palin IS the candidate now. McCain is the side car. As a guy on TPM said, "when will Palin drop McCain from the ticket?"

And I think if the Dems let that happen...if they let this election be about Palin rather than McCain, they're making a massive mistake. She has her negatives but he has bigger ones, and he gets 3 debates to threaten to declare war on stuff whereas she only gets 1.

Some morning humor:

Jesus Christ quits Christianity after viewing Republican platform

For years, Jesus Christ had kept quiet while his “followers” had killed and committed horrendous acts of intolerance in his name. They were the “birth pangs” of a new religion, his surrogates would say. One day he would be accepted by all as a liberator.

But in an announcement that has left his followers shaken, the Christ himself has come forward to announce that he is leaving Christianity, effective immediately. The reasoning: The 2008 Republican Platform. Reached for comment at a West Hollywood coffee shop, Christ said that he couldn’t deal with a world that so misinterpreted his words and actions.

“They mention the word ‘faith’ 12 times in their platform,” said Christ. “Do they think we’re idiots or something?”

Christ went on to say that he had grown tired of being portrayed as a “marauding archangel of vengeance,” and that he held out little hope that the world would ever accept his message of peace.

“There’s a new breed of Christian out there that seems to think I represent free-for-all capitalism and slaying my enemies,” said Christ, munching on an arugula quiche. “I mean, they made Isaiah into a Cold War-era strategist, for Dad’s sake. Did they even read the New Testament?”

With the 2008 U.S. Presidential election coming up in short order, many have expressed skepticism over the timing of Christ’s announcement. Reached for comment, John McCain’s campaign lobbyist Rick Davis said that his candidate would not be responding to the “obvious liberal smear.”

“John McCain has made it clear that he will not speak to or about Jesus Christ until Christ shows him the respect he deserves,” said Davis. “John McCain was a POW and deserves respect. Jesus obviously can’t understand the kind of sacrifice John McCain made.”

For his part, Democratic Presidential nominee Barack Obama has said he plans to stay above the fray.

“This is above my pay grade,” said Obama during a campaign stop in Canton, Kansas. “Way, way, way above my pay grade.”

The reaction from many political entertainers was swift. Sean Hannity of Fox News made clear his disappointment in Christ.

“Seriously, let him go,” said Hannity to co-host Sean Colmes on the popular show “Hannity & Colmes” on Fox News. “If he doesn’t have the courage to face up to the Republican platform, how can he ever stand up to Osama bin Laden. This is a partisan attack, plain and simple.”

In response, Colmes vehemently disagreed with Hannity.

“But, but, but … , ” said Colmes.

The major religious corporations of the world have yet to comment on Christ’s decision. At the Vatican Web site, a simple message appeared: “Thank you for allowing us time to reflect on this matter. Pray for us, and know that we need your tithing now more than ever.”

Many devout Christians have stated that Christ’s abandonment will not affect their faith.

“Jesus Christ is the one true savior and those who don’t accept him into their heart will perish in eternal damnation,” said religious entertainer Joel Osteen. “That is the truth, regardless of Christ’s actual involvement.”

A thoughtful Christ said he had yet to decide what would be next for him, but expressed pride in his philosophy and accomplishments.

“We had a good run,” said Christ. “It really far exceeded anything I had hoped for, but humanity was supposed to become more evolved over time, not less.

“It’s just time to pull the plug.”

Christ said he would likely dedicate his time to working on an autobiography that will focus on his philosophies and work with people from all walks of life.

“I figure after 2,000 years it’s about time there was a book about me,” said Christ. “You know, from someone who was actually there.”

When pressed for details, Christ said he wasn’t allowed to reveal anything about the upcoming tome due to a contractual commitment with But Christ did allow for one tidbit to be released - what the “H” stood for in “Jesus H. Christ.”

“Hector,” said Christ, walking out the door.

I love this because it was the line I hated most and disgusted me people cheered.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail...mock_the_c.html

Obama to Palin: 'Don't Mock the Constitution'

By Peter Slevin

FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. -- Sen. Barack Obama delivered an impassioned defense of the Constitution and the rights of terrorism suspects tonight, striking back at one of the biggest applause lines in Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin's speech to the GOP convention.

It was in St. Paul last week that Palin drew raucous cheers when she delivered this put-down of Obama: "Al-Qaeda terrorists still plot to inflict catastrophic harm on America and he's worried that someone won't read them their rights."

Obama had a few problems with that.

"First of all, you don't even get to read them their rights until you catch 'em," Obama said here, drawing laughs from 1,500 supporters in a high school gymnasium. "They should spend more time trying to catch Osama bin Laden and we can worry about the next steps later."

If the plotters of the Sept. 11 attacks are in the government's sights, Obama went on, they should be targeted and killed.

"My position has always been clear: If you've got a terrorist, take him out," Obama said. "Anybody who was involved in 9/11, take 'em out."

But Obama, who taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago for more than a decade, said captured suspects deserve to file writs of habeus corpus.

Calling it "the foundation of Anglo-American law," he said the principle "says very simply: If the government grabs you, then you have the right to at least ask, 'Why was I grabbed?' And say, 'Maybe you've got the wrong person.'"

The safeguard is essential, Obama continued, "because we don't always have the right person."

"We don't always catch the right person," he said. "We may think it's Mohammed the terrorist, but it might be Mohammed the cab driver. You might think it's Barack the bomb-thrower, but it might be Barack the guy running for president."

Obama turned back to Palin's comment, although he said he was not sure whether Palin or Rudy Giuliani said it.

"The reason that you have this principle is not to be soft on terrorism. It's because that's who we are. That's what we're protecting," Obama said, his voice growing louder and the crowd rising to its feet to cheer. "Don't mock the Constitution. Don't make fun of it. Don't suggest that it's not American to abide by what the founding fathers set up. It's worked pretty well for over 200 years."

He finished with a dismissive comment about his opponents.

"These people."

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 12:37 PM)
it's too bad this election is going to get nasty.

i actually like Obama and won't really be all that disappointed if he ends up winning (even though i do have issues with some of his economic policies and increases in spending).

I agree. As I've said before, I prefer Obama AND McCain over Bush, Kerry, Gore, or most of the other candidates we've had in the general for a long time.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 12:57 PM)
Pretty soon the GOP ticket will need to tell us what their policies are. "We're mavericks and eat moose burgers" isn't going to cut it.

what policies? ;)

This elections isnt about issues, remember?

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

WashingtonPost-

Sen. Barack Obama broke his monthly fundraising record of $55 million in August, sources said today, but the campaign remains tight lipped about its total haul.

The numbers aren't scheduled to be made public until Sept. 20, when the campaign files its August finance reports with the Federal Election Commission. But top fundraisers for the campaign wanted to downplay a report in today's New York Times suggesting Obama's vaunted money-raising team has been struggling to meet its goals.