The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 12:03 PM)
I love snopes. A friend just forwarded an email with some phony outrage regarding Michelel Obama's unprecedented number of assistants. It pointed out how other first ladies like Laura Bush only had one assistant and how much all of this is costing the taxpayer. "And this is change we can believe in??"

A quick snopes check shows that Michelle does have the number of assistants as the email stated but it's exactly in line with other first ladies. I went ahead and replied to every single person in the email chain with the snopes results.

This is the kind of stuff that drives me nuts. It doesn't help at all. It honestly doesn't matter how much staff she has. And, indirectly, she could have a ton of staff, and it doesn't matter.

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 12:03 PM)
I love snopes. A friend just forwarded an email with some phony outrage regarding Michelel Obama's unprecedented number of assistants. It pointed out how other first ladies like Laura Bush only had one assistant and how much all of this is costing the taxpayer. "And this is change we can believe in??"

A quick snopes check shows that Michelle does have the number of assistants as the email stated but it's exactly in line with other first ladies. I went ahead and replied to every single person in the email chain with the snopes results.

My WIfe Got This One From Her Mom Yesterday: National WWII Memorial Scrubs "So Help Us God" from Speech By Roosevelt

I've taught my wife well, she immediately went to Snopes, and showed her mom... it was wrong.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 01:48 PM)
This is the kind of stuff that drives me nuts. It doesn't help at all. It honestly doesn't matter how much staff she has. And, indirectly, she could have a ton of staff, and it doesn't matter.

Seriously. I just want to know who has time to come up with that kind of nonsense? They can't bother to spend an extra few minutes to fact-check themselves.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 01:09 PM)
Seriously. I just want to know who has time to come up with that kind of nonsense? They can't bother to spend an extra few minutes to fact-check themselves.

But to Kap's point, who cares? What a trivial thing to get worked up about in the grand scheme of things.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 01:09 PM)

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 01:12 PM)
But to Kap's point, who cares? What a trivial thing to get worked up about in the grand scheme of things.

A lot of right wing idiots want to use this as an example of wasteful spending, and in the grand scheme of things, it's a pimple on an elephant's ass. It just doesn't matter, and I really dislike it when people spend their energy on this sort of stuff. Talk about something that matters, like health care, or the wars, or whatever major policy discussion. There's plenty of red meat there (hehe, BS).

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 07:09 AM)
gay marriage forces need to start hitting back hard message-wise, because the same thing happened in Maine as Cali.

Anti-gays: The gays want to control your kids EDUCATION and GAY THEM UP !!!

Gays: It's not a big deal, it won't affect your life, vote for equality

Which is more motivating to vote for. What's more, gay marriage is a pretty motivating issue. I follow the referendums a lot, i did what I could for california. Why they don't hit more on the DENIAL OF RIGHTS the MARGINALIZATION of a productive, hardworking minority that faces physical threats constantly...

see? It's easy.

But it's hard not to look at the ads anti-gay marriage forces put up and not think that they are just despicable, despicable people.

i thought this was part of the Slate joke routine. then i realized it wasn't

House Minority Leader John Boehner was fired up and ready to go at the Tea Party rally today.

He even held up his pocket copy of the Constitution, pledging to "stand here with our Founding Fathers, who wrote in the pre-amble: 'We hold these truths to be self evident ..."

Oops.

That would be the opening lines of the Declaration of Independence that he's reading.

So, I've begun to learn that those in the GOP who want to control the budget, apparently cant count...

Via TPM-

Yesterday's Tea Party on Capitol Hill drew thousands of protesters from across the country. But how many exactly? Depends who you ask.

MSNBC reported yesterday that a Capitol policeman said there were 3,000 to 3,500 people there. Our reporters on the scene estimated the crowd size at no more than 8,000 or so.

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN), on the other hand, says 25,000 to 45,000. Rep. Tom Price (R-GA) offered a similar estimate. And G. Gordon Liddy's radio show producer implied it was more than a million.

so, um, I posted it and no one cared.

The CBO estimate of the republican health care bill showed that it, uh, did nothing. Covered 3 mill people. Doesn't require coverage for pre existing conditions. BUt totally gets those trial lawyers.