The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 12:41 PM)
After reading Sullivan today I'm starting to rethink that possibility.

Nomination is an outside possibility, but still highly unlikely. Presidency? Zero chance, barring an epic public collapse of some kind from not only Obama, but also a number of Republicans.

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 01:58 PM)
Nomination is an outside possibility, but still highly unlikely. Presidency? Zero chance, barring an epic public collapse of some kind from not only Obama, but also a number of Republicans.

She's going to be running against an incumbent with probably at best 9 % unemployment.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 01:30 PM)
She's going to be running against an incumbent with probably at best 9 % unemployment.

She's also going to be running against an incumbent who is probably on the upswing of an economy. Note that I did NOT say the GOP can't win the race in 2012. They might. But Palin will spend so much time tripping over herself, she couldn't possibly win.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 01:53 PM)
She's also going to be running against an incumbent who is probably on the upswing of an economy. Note that I did NOT say the GOP can't win the race in 2012. They might. But Palin will spend so much time tripping over herself, she couldn't possibly win.

I'm no Palin fan, and I do find her to be a raging idiot, but would it really be that bad? She's pledging massive change in government just like Obama did. And what has changed? What has he done? Seems to me like he's extended nearly every policy that Bush had in place before he left (and which Obama claimed were the worst ideas ever).

Fact is the candidates say one thing, but when elected they can't do any of it. The country is no worse off in her hands than in Obama's, and I truly believe that. Both are controlled by their masters ($$$).

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 06:22 PM)
I'm no Palin fan, and I do find her to be a raging idiot, but would it really be that bad? She's pledging massive change in government just like Obama did. And what has changed? What has he done? Seems to me like he's extended nearly every policy that Bush had in place before he left (and which Obama claimed were the worst ideas ever).

Fact is the candidates say one thing, but when elected they can't do any of it. The country is no worse off in her hands than in Obama's, and I truly believe that. Both are controlled by their masters ($$$).

Sadly, I mostly agree with you

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 06:22 PM)

Yeah, the last 8 years were so good...let's try someone even less intellectually curious.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 13, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
And, here's the much expected Limbaugh one. Obama's just helping to improve his standing with the "light-skinned and dark-skinned black community in this country". Audio at site, check it out for yourself.

Meanwhile, here's the Fox Nation article:

foxnation-20100113-haiti.jpg

So, I suppose if you use that logic, then turning it on it's head... Bush was trying to eliminate the "light-skinned and dark-skinned black community in this country" by ignoring Katrina.

PS: This was meant to be a satirical comment, not an actual belief I hold.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

Sarah Palin's List of Newspapers she reads: All of them

Which Supreme Court Decisions Does She Disagree with: They Make a Lot of Decisions

Her Favorite Founding Father of America: "All of them"

SHe defaulted to Washington... my guess is she couldnt think of any of the others of the top of her head.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 10:16 PM)
There's a difference between make a gaffe here and there and being consistently stupid.

You know, I hadn't thought of it that way, but Joe Biden and Sarah Palin make quite a pair... Joe Biden is the male Democrat equivalent of Sarah Palin.

I think over the years we tend to think the Founding Fathers are infallible and have infinite, timeless wisdom. What would you think of the leader of a new country, with a relatively weak military, if they stupidly instigated a war with a superpower with the world's most powerful military, ended up getting a bunch of people killed, and made no real tactical or strategic gains from it? James Madison awaits your answer.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 10:38 PM)
You know, I hadn't thought of it that way, but Joe Biden and Sarah Palin make quite a pair... Joe Biden is the male Democrat equivalent of Sarah Palin.

Sorry Kap. You'll be getting 2 tickets to the broadway hit Rent and a years supply of Hamburger Helper as a parting gift. Thanks for playing!

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 06:23 AM)
I think over the years we tend to think the Founding Fathers are infallible and have infinite, timeless wisdom. What would you think of the leader of a new country, with a relatively weak military, if they stupidly instigated a war with a superpower with the world's most powerful military, ended up getting a bunch of people killed, and made no real tactical or strategic gains from it? James Madison awaits your answer.

They did exactly that in the first place, so I don't know what your point is.

They had a hell of a lot more wisdom then we do now, with our "me, me, me, I, I, I" (including our president) attitude. We don't think 30 seconds beyond our actions today, unless it's to "redistribute our wealth" and how we're going to do it. The founding of this country was aboslutely against that. They wanted a place where the individual could choose what it is they wanted. Today, we have to pay for everyone else's stupidity. That makes their wisdom a whole lot better then ours.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 06:23 AM)

People also tend to think that the Founding Fathers had one clear mind and one clear interpretation of the Constitution.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 07:14 AM)
They did exactly that in the first place, so I don't know what your point is.

They had a hell of a lot more wisdom then we do now, with our "me, me, me, I, I, I" (including our president) attitude. We don't think 30 seconds beyond our actions today, unless it's to "redistribute our wealth" and how we're going to do it. The founding of this country was aboslutely against that. They wanted a place where the individual could choose what it is they wanted. Today, we have to pay for everyone else's stupidity. That makes their wisdom a whole lot better then ours.

Unless they were black, female or didn't own land.

I don't know where to put this, it isn't party-specific. But if anyone ever wanted to know why there is such ire from the left and center about the Christian Coalition types (note: I am NOT saying the GOP, or anything like that), here is why. The Christian Broadcast Network's statement about Robertsons comments - defending him, calling him objective on the topic, and trying to say a curse is historically supported:

CBN.com – VIRGINIA BEACH, Va., January 13, 2010 -- On today’s The 700 Club, during a segment about the devastation, suffering and humanitarian effort that is needed in Haiti, Dr. Robertson also spoke about Haiti’s history. His comments were based on the widely-discussed 1791 slave rebellion led by Boukman Dutty at Bois Caiman, where the slaves allegedly made a famous pact with the devil in exchange for victory over the French. This history, combined with the horrible state of the country, has led countless scholars and religious figures over the centuries to believe the country is cursed. Dr. Robertson never stated that the earthquake was God’s wrath. If you watch the entire video segment, Dr. Robertson’s compassion for the people of Haiti is clear. He called for prayer for them. His humanitarian arm has been working to help thousands of people in Haiti over the last year, and they are currently launching a major relief and recovery effort to help the victims of this disaster. They have sent a shipment of millions of dollars worth of medications that is now in Haiti, and their disaster team leaders are expected to arrive tomorrow and begin operations to ease the suffering.

Chris Roslan

Spokesman for CBN

Disgusting. These people are an insult to what Chritianity is supposed to be.

Its just amazing to me, all the hate that Robertson and some of his ilk spew, are a lot like the Islamic extremists they hate.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 11:25 AM)
I don't know where to put this, it isn't party-specific. But if anyone ever wanted to know why there is such ire from the left and center about the Christian Coalition types (note: I am NOT saying the GOP, or anything like that), here is why. The Christian Broadcast Network's statement about Robertsons comments - defending him, calling him objective on the topic, and trying to say a curse is historically supported:

Disgusting. These people are an insult to what Chritianity is supposed to be.

Its just amazing to me, all the hate that Robertson and some of his ilk spew, are a lot like the Islamic extremists they hate.

It's quacks like this that give people like me, and the people I work with, a bad name.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 11:56 AM)
It's quacks like this that give people like me, and the people I work with, a bad name.

Yup.

/I HEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAALLLLLL you!!!!!!!!! Benny Hinn (after the people attend the workshops on what to do on stage). I know this one first hand.