The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 03:25 PM)
Cknolls,

On that Oprah's mother story there is a strange wrinkle that is not really talked about but is really strange...

That means that when the store extended credit to her after 2002 that they were in violation of the resolution. Thus the argument is that in 2002 they agreed that they would not extend more credit to her, they broke their part of the agreement, therefore they should not be repaid.

Its really odd, because generally a store would not extend that much credit to anyone, yet they did it twice?

There has to be more to this, but my guess is that it has something to do with using Oprah's mother to influence Oprah and when Oprah didnt wear the clothes that Valentina wanted they then wanted the money for those clothes.

(Thats purely my opinion not based on any facts.)

Its just really odd as I said before.

Why can't I get the picture of Wimpy being led around by the smell of hamburgers out of my head? :lolhitting

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like how McCain 'went and worked on bailout bill' which now is f***ing loaded with earmarks; then goes out and campaigns on an responsible spending platform

This guy is such a hack and I've lost all patience with the GOP and John McCain. You're going to lose by double digits McCain and we are laughing at you, douche. You might still get the dumb as a rock evangelical vote because of Palin, but you are going down in flames with around 20% of your voter base.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 12:14 PM)
I like how McCain 'went and worked on bailout bill' which now is f***ing loaded with earmarks; then goes out and campaigns on an responsible spending platform

This guy is such a hack and I've lost all patience with the GOP and John McCain. You're going to lose by double digits McCain and we are laughing at you, douche. You might still get the dumb as a rock evangelical vote because of Palin, but you are going down in flames with around 20% of your voter base.

If you are going to complain about the pork in the bill, you need to direct that at the people who control congress, not McCain.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 12:16 PM)
If you are going to complain about the pork in the bill, you need to direct that at the people who control congress, not McCain.

He supports it. He will vote for it. Screw him.

He as much to blame as anyone.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 01:02 PM)
And yet you single him out for your wrath.

Yes I single him out, he is the GOP presidential candidate. I expect this stuff from Nancy Pelosi and a majority of the Dems; I criticize them all the time. What is the point of even having a 'conservative' political party if this is how they are going to run things? look at spending, it's totally out of control. McCain is running as a fiscal conservative, a fighter of earmarks, but when a bloated bailout bill comes along he totally supports it. This just shows me that McCain has no problem running massive deficits and crazy spending bills. The biggest issue for me in this election is responsible spending and energy advancement and he's pissing me off on one of those issues.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 12:52 PM)
Yes I single him out, he is the GOP presidential candidate. I expect this stuff from Nancy Pelosi and a majority of the Dems; I criticize them all the time. What is the point of even having a 'conservative' political party if this is how they are going to run things? look at spending, it's totally out of control. McCain is running as a fiscal conservative, a fighter of earmarks, but when a bloated bailout bill comes along he totally supports it. This just shows me that McCain has no problem running massive deficits and crazy spending bills. The biggest issue for me in this election is responsible spending and energy advancement and he's pissing me off on one of those issues.

And what did Mr Changy do? Or his veep choice? i don't recall any reports of the great changanator calling the 90 odd dems that didn't vote the first time to try and sway their minds. or any attempts to reach across the aisle.

(Since you haven't ansered yet, Mr. Changy and the gaff-o-matic voted YEA. Real change there)

Edited by Alpha Dog

A little while back, people sent me this news on Ohio Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner instructing her staff to disallow absentee ballot request forms distributed by the McCain campaign if the respondents failed to check a box declaring themselves a qualified elector.

I went into Ohio state law and saw that an absentee ballot request must include "a statement that you are a qualified elector." It may seem ticky-tack to deny a request because a box wasn't checked — particularly from the party that insisted a "dimpled chad" constituted a legitimate vote — but like it or not, Brunner's interpretation seemed in keeping with Ohio law.

But Brenner's making two absolutely unacceptable decisions now. The first is that she's permitting absentee ballots be cast by those who have temporary addresses such as homeless shelter or a YMCA. The problem is that then someone can go into the next county and register there, too. Under this system, one person could vote in every county in Ohio, listing a different YMCA as your address in each one. Why vote for your candidate once when you can give him 88 votes in that vital swing state?

Second, she says counties can reject outside election monitors. You can guess how this rule is being interpreted - heavily Democratic counties are (surprise!) turning away Republican election monitors.

The only chance of stopping this is scrutiny...

Nothing to see here move along to the next county,.....and ......vote for Obama.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 01:02 PM)
A little while back, people sent me this news on Ohio Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner instructing her staff to disallow absentee ballot request forms distributed by the McCain campaign if the respondents failed to check a box declaring themselves a qualified elector.

I went into Ohio state law and saw that an absentee ballot request must include "a statement that you are a qualified elector." It may seem ticky-tack to deny a request because a box wasn't checked — particularly from the party that insisted a "dimpled chad" constituted a legitimate vote — but like it or not, Brunner's interpretation seemed in keeping with Ohio law.

But Brenner's making two absolutely unacceptable decisions now. The first is that she's permitting absentee ballots be cast by those who have temporary addresses such as homeless shelter or a YMCA. The problem is that then someone can go into the next county and register there, too. Under this system, one person could vote in every county in Ohio, listing a different YMCA as your address in each one. Why vote for your candidate once when you can give him 88 votes in that vital swing state?

Second, she says counties can reject outside election monitors. You can guess how this rule is being interpreted - heavily Democratic counties are (surprise!) turning away Republican election monitors.

The only chance of stopping this is scrutiny...

Nothing to see here move along to the next county,.....and ......vote for Obama.

You know, I can understand people becoming argumentative about their respective candidates. I can even understand younger people stealign yard signs or something. but at what point does your mind just lose it and possess you to do s*** like that, that you KNOW is just wrong?

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:01 PM)
And what did Mr Changy do? Or his veep choice? i don't recall any reports of the great changanator calling the 90 odd dems that didn't vote the first time to try and sway their minds. or any attempts to reach across the aisle.

(Since you haven't ansered yet, Mr. Changy and the gaff-o-matic voted YEA. Real change there)

So this is what it's come too. Republicans are justified with spending like drunken Democrats, because the Democrats go along with it. Obama and his crappy campaign have nothing to do with my anger towards McCain.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 06:48 PM)
So this is what it's come too. Republicans are justified with spending like drunken Democrats, because the Democrats go along with it. Obama and his crappy campaign have nothing to do with my anger towards McCain.

I never said I liked it. I am pointing out that your hatred seems to be focused like a laser on one person in this whole mess, when it was a lot more than one who did it. it included the man and his partner in crime who are SUPPOSED to be for change. Not much changed, did it?

Every election year you hear stories of election offices being vandalized, car tires slashed, signs stolen or defaced, etc. What brings people to these heights (or lows)? And yes, i am sure people on both sides do similar things, I just like focusing on the party or peace and inclusion.

http://www.kmov.com/topstories/stories/kmo...n.d2ec3e83.html

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/10/02/phot...ical-tolerance/

http://admin.politickeror.com/brittenchase...candidate-signs

http://www.thestarpress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/.../809180382/1002

http://media.www.bsudailynews.com/media/st...d-3437940.shtml

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJour...EAD04093008.htm

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 07:54 PM)
I never said I liked it. I am pointing out that your hatred seems to be focused like a laser on one person in this whole mess, when it was a lot more than one who did it. it included the man and his partner in crime who are SUPPOSED to be for change. Not much changed, did it?

The Democrats are to blame for this too. I've been trashing them for years (well, weeks on this bank bailout). Look at my signature; I despise Barny Frank, Chuck Schumer and the Democrats. I'm pissed at McCain because he needs to reverse this credit spending spree the Fed has been on, not encourage it. I'm pissed at the Republicans for the massive debt they've allowed the country to assume. There currently isn't a viable fiscally conservative party to vote for and I do not like that.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 07:03 PM)
The Democrats are to blame for this too. I've been trashing them for years (well, weeks on this bank bailout). Look at my signature; I despise Barny Frank, Chuck Schumer and the Democrats. I'm pissed at McCain because he needs to reverse this credit spending spree the Fed has been on, not encourage it. I'm pissed at the Republicans for the massive debt they've allowed the country to assume. There currently isn't a viable fiscally conservative party to vote for and I do not like that.

It's all about power. They are getting paid (their campaign coffers) to put these kind of earmarks in so that they keep getting re-elected. The parties mean nothing anymore, they all just want their power base.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 06:40 AM)
It's all about power. They are getting paid (their campaign coffers) to put these kind of earmarks in so that they keep getting re-elected. The parties mean nothing anymore, they all just want their power base.

yep

Name: HKVKV, K VKN K V City: KHVKHVHKVHKV State: HI Employer: GH Occupation: GF

Another interesting donation is: HDUSAHFD, DAHSUDHU

He (could it be SHE?) gave $7,597.59 in July and August of this year. Works for: CZXVC Occupation: ZXVZXV

Now if this is the level of fraud being reported, what the heck is buried in the over $200 million in WALKING AROUND MONEY?

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 10:57 AM)
Name: HKVKV, K VKN K V City: KHVKHVHKVHKV State: HI Employer: GH Occupation: GF

Another interesting donation is: HDUSAHFD, DAHSUDHU

He (could it be SHE?) gave $7,597.59 in July and August of this year. Works for: CZXVC Occupation: ZXVZXV

Now if this is the level of fraud being reported, what the heck is buried in the over $200 million in WALKING AROUND MONEY?

Where are you getting these? We prefer you source your material on this board. Link?

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 01:41 PM)

Interesting. If the goofy ones like that are just a handful or some very small %, then I'd say its the same as any campaign. McCain probably has some too.

What would make it interesting though, is say, what % of the contributions were "questionable" in the eyes of the FEC.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 01:48 PM)
Interesting. If the goofy ones like that are just a handful or some very small %, then I'd say its the same as any campaign. McCain probably has some too.

What would make it interesting though, is say, what % of the contributions were "questionable" in the eyes of the FEC.

Indeed. The Obama campaign has most likely set a new record for number of individual donors for a Presidential campaign (Tens of millions). There's a big difference between 100 donations like this and 10K.