• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 09:20 AM)
Didn't take you long to jump on the known terrorist thing eh?

The McCain campaign may be willing to be that low, but I'd hope the educated masses of Soxtalk can ignore that one as the complete BS it is. Reverend Wright, go ahead, continue, that one was stupid. However, Ayers, at the time of his association with Obama (nothing more than an acquaintance, mind you), was a well-respected man within Chicago. Not only that, but he does not have a single conviction on his record...

I'm not just jumping on the terrorist thing. I'm sure the educated masses on soxtalk, in this thread anyway, have known about the Ayers connection for quite some time now. Just because the NYT decided to write an article recently doesn't mean we all just became aware of it. Also, if you want to act like your BFF's with Obama and you know how close he was with his "acquaintances" 20 years ago, then you should spew that stuff in the other thread cause it's nothing but your opinion and that of the Obama campaign. You can close your eyes and pretend Obama didn't know who Ayers was or what he stood for, but I tend to see things a bit more clearly. Ayers is a piece of s***........If his plans had worked thousands of innocent people would be dead from his bombs.

Yes Wright was just stupid....let's sweep it under the rug...I'll bet Obama hardly knows the guy

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 11:07 AM)
Yes Wright was just stupid....let's sweep it under the rug...I'll bet Obama hardly knows the guy

By saying it was stupid, I meant that it was stupid for Obama to continue to attend his church, not that the controversy was stupid. Sorry for the miscommunication.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 11:07 AM)
I'm not just jumping on the terrorist thing. I'm sure the educated masses on soxtalk, in this thread anyway, have known about the Ayers connection for quite some time now. Just because the NYT decided to write an article recently doesn't mean we all just became aware of it. Also, if you want to act like your BFF's with Obama and you know how close he was with his "acquaintances" 20 years ago, then you should spew that stuff in the other thread cause it's nothing but your opinion and that of the Obama campaign. You can close your eyes and pretend Obama didn't know who Ayers was or what he stood for, but I tend to see things a bit more clearly. Ayers is a piece of s***........If his plans had worked thousands of innocent people would be dead from his bombs.

McCain voted against legislation to prevent terrorist attacks against abortion clinics. Why doesn't that bother you? And what is McCain proposing to get out of the 8 years of hell that Bush gave us? All he talks about is Obama's character these days.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 12:07 PM)
Ayers is a piece of s***........If his plans had worked thousands of innocent people would be dead from his bombs.

Actually unless I'm mistaken, they didn't target people, and would give advance notice of their target so people could get out of the way. They weren't very good at what they did anyway, the only casualties I know of was when one of their bombs went off and killed 2 of them.

None of this is to say he wasn't a piece of s***, though.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 12:17 PM)
McCain voted against legislation to prevent terrorist attacks against abortion clinics. Why doesn't that bother you? And what is McCain proposing to get out of the 8 years of hell that Bush gave us? All he talks about is Obama's character these days.

Again, please keep these kinds of posts to the GE thread, or if they must be in here, keep them mild. The equivalent of this hasn't happened in the Democrat thread for a while now, nobody wants anybody to either.

Edit: What Rex said :lol:

Edited by lostfan

Once upon a time, Obama campaign strategist David Axelrod acknowledged that Ayers and Obama were "certainly friendly[.]" As the New York Post reports, however, yesterday Axelrod was peddling the latest Obama campaign spin on the relationship: Obama had been unfamiliar with Ayers's terrorist past as recently as 1995. "There's no evidence that they're close," Axelrod added

Which one is the lie?

Also, we are supposed to believe a Columbia University educated, Harvard trained, U of C law professor does not know who Ayers is as of 1995? Please, Don't bulls*** a bullsh*****.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 10:42 AM)
Once upon a time, Obama campaign strategist David Axelrod acknowledged that Ayers and Obama were "certainly friendly[.]" As the New York Post reports, however, yesterday Axelrod was peddling the latest Obama campaign spin on the relationship: Obama had been unfamiliar with Ayers's terrorist past as recently as 1995. "There's no evidence that they're close," Axelrod added

Which one is the lie?

Also, we are supposed to believe a Columbia University educated, Harvard trained, U of C law professor does not know who Ayers is as of 1995? Please, Don't bulls*** a bullsh*****.

You might like reading this take on the Obama/Ayers relationship.

http://www.redstate.com/diaries/redstate/2...s-story-ask-ab/

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 11:39 AM)
Actually unless I'm mistaken, they didn't target people, and would give advance notice of their target so people could get out of the way. They weren't very good at what they did anyway, the only casualties I know of was when one of their bombs went off and killed 2 of them.

None of this is to say he wasn't a piece of s***, though.

It wasn't until after they blew themselves up, that they decided human casualties were unacceptable. Dynamite was being wrapped in tape with nails embedded to act as shrapnel. I guess it could be because they wanted nails to stick in the walls of an empty room, but I'm guessing it was the same reason all terrorists embedd shrapnel and that's to inflict as much harm on as many people as they can. Anyway....glad we agree he's a POS

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 12:37 PM)
It wasn't until after they blew themselves up, that they decided human casualties were unacceptable. Dynamite was being wrapped in tape with nails embedded to act as shrapnel. I guess it could be because they wanted nails to stick in the walls of an empty room, but I'm guessing it was the same reason all terrorists embedd shrapnel and that's to inflict as much harm on as many people as they can. Anyway....glad we agree he's a POS

If this guy is so dangerous why is he not in prison?

I Was NIne Years Old...

...when Barack Obama's friend tried to kill me.

The mainstream media have bought Barack Obama's spin on his relationship with Bill Ayers--I was only eight years old when he was trying to commit mass murder!--hook, line and sinker. So it's revealing to hear from one of Ayers' intended victims, John Murtagh:

During the April 16 debate between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, moderator George Stephanopoulos brought up “a gentleman named William Ayers,” who “was part of the Weather Underground in the 1970s. They bombed the Pentagon, the Capitol, and other buildings. He’s never apologized for that.” Stephanopoulos then asked Obama to explain his relationship with Ayers. Obama’s answer: “The notion that somehow as a consequence of me knowing somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was eight years old, somehow reflects on me and my values, doesn’t make much sense, George.” Obama was indeed only eight in early 1970. I was only nine then, the year Ayers’s Weathermen tried to murder me.

In February 1970, my father, a New York State Supreme Court justice, was presiding over the trial of the so-called “Panther 21,” members of the Black Panther Party indicted in a plot to bomb New York landmarks and department stores. Early on the morning of February 21, as my family slept, three gasoline-filled firebombs exploded at our home on the northern tip of Manhattan, two at the front door and the third tucked neatly under the gas tank of the family car. (Today, of course, we’d call that a car bomb.) A neighbor heard the first two blasts and, with the remains of a snowman I had built a few days earlier, managed to douse the flames beneath the car. That was an act whose courage I fully appreciated only as an adult, an act that doubtless saved multiple lives that night.

Read it all. During the years when Obama was "palling around" with Ayers, as Sarah Palin accurately termed it, Ayers was proud of his attempt to kill nine-year-old John Murtagh and his family. He said, for publication, that his only regret was that he and his murderous colleagues hadn't tried to kill more people. This unrepentant would-be mass murderer was the one person (along with his bloodthirsty wife, the only public figure, to my knowledge, who expressed enthusiastic approval of the Charles Manson murders) whom Barack Obama chose, over all other friends and acquaintances, to host his inaugural Democratic Party political fundraiser. And Ayers was Obama's close collaborator in trying to "reform" Chicago's public education system by drenching it in radical politics and anti-Americanism.

Exactly as Obama dropped out of Jeremiah "God damn America" Wright's church only when the association became politically inconvenient, he insincerely "denounced" Ayers only after his association with the terrorist had become a liability. That was after years of working with Ayers as a radical political ally, without showing the slightest concern about his friend's career as an attempted mass murderer.

One wonders, sometimes, what it would take to convince an American reporter that a Democratic Presidential candidate has poor judgment

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 01:56 PM)
So what is the GOP trying to insinuate with all of this? That if Obama wins he and Ayers will blow up our country?

What do you mean with all of this? A first person account of some lowlife trying to kill him and the rest of his family is pretty chilling. The only bad thing is Ayers and Dohrne weren't in the apartment with the other knuckle heads when the bombs they were assembling blew up in their faces..

Edited by Cknolls

I've been checking out what the Obama campaign is doing lately, they have run by far the dirtiest, most dishonest, presidential campaign in modern US election history. Well, the bar has been raised and Karl Rove knows his title has been surpassed, I am guessing he will step up his game for the 2010 senate elections.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 02:39 PM)
I've been checking out what the Obama campaign is doing lately, they have run by far the dirtiest, most dishonest, presidential campaign in modern US election history. Well, the bar has been raised and Karl Rove knows his title has been surpassed, I am guessing he will step up his game for the 2010 senate elections.

Obama hasn't even run the dirtiest or most dishonest campaign in this cycle.