The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 06:01 PM)
You think the sudden nasty turn has happened on its own AD? You think there is no connection between the suddenly nasty crowds and the campaign the last 3 weeks.

You didn't say that, you said the Repubs were pushing race, and i called bulls*** on that because up until now, it has been Dems all the way. So if McCain is responsible for these few whackos, who's responsible for all the Bush=Hitler stuff? The 'kill chaney' signs? Who's responsible for these reactions?

"Outside on Broad Street, waiting for Palin to leave, one man was heard saying: "Let's stone her, old school."

Another protester shouted at someone entering the hotel, "Wait till your daughter wants an abortion, you hypocrite."

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_updat...ty_of_boos.html

How about all these? (Yes, it is a conservative blog I am linking, but it is because i am too lazy to relink all of her links)

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/10/12/crush...by-insane-rage/

The activist left side of the spectrum is nothing without their hate. If they get their guy in the White House, and control of both houses, who are they gonna vent about when things are still f***ed up? maybe Obama should make sure to expand mental health care in his raping of the health care system to cover all those who will lose their minds with nobody to get angry at.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 04:22 PM)
It could also just be the idiot fringe getting panicked on both sides. Just a thought.

That would be a fine idea if there was nothing being done by the institutions or the candidates to egg them on.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 06:31 PM)
That would be a fine idea if there was nothing being done by the institutions or the candidates to egg them on.

I personally think that the campaigns have mostly avoided that.

I think the egging on is going on mostly among the media, with a little help from the occasional idiot political office-holder, and a few low level staffers here and there that were acting beyond the campaign's wishes.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 04:39 PM)
I personally think that the campaigns have mostly avoided that.

I think the egging on is going on mostly among the media, with a little help from the occasional idiot political office-holder, and a few low level staffers here and there that were acting beyond the campaign's wishes.

Here's my question in reply...does saying that "Barack Obama has a different view of America than most of us" or "Barack Obama used to pal around with domestic terrorists" count as an inciting remark? It's sort of that really coded rhetoric that if you put it in the right audience, they hear certain things, like Barack is a Muslim Terrorist because he hangs around with terrorists, etc.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 06:45 PM)
Here's my question in reply...does saying that "Barack Obama has a different view of America than most of us" or "Barack Obama used to pal around with domestic terrorists" count as an inciting remark? It's sort of that really coded rhetoric that if you put it in the right audience, they hear certain things, like Barack is a Muslim Terrorist because he hangs around with terrorists, etc.

The first sentence, no, I don't find that inciting or even offensive in any way. I think its typical campaign stuff, and no big deal.

The second one is on the fence. If they say he used to "pal around" with Bill Ayers, that makes sense. Its a stretch of the truth, a little bit, but still no biggie.

But the blanket statement of hanging around with terrorists bothers me. Its one of the reasons I've been saying McCain has clearly run a much dirtier campaign to date. But I am still not sure I'd call it inciting.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 05:45 PM)

No, its stating facts. How people interpret them are their own problem. Everyone has the right to draw their own conclusions when facts are presented to them. If someone interprets the facts wrong or to a certain extreme its no ones fault but their own, but that shouldnt mean the info shouldnt get out there.

Id compare it to Obamas ad that has been on TV a lot lately, where they talk about all the tax cuts for oil companies. They know damn well that the actual tax proposals are for all businesses but they spotlight oil companies to mislead the public. Now, is it true that oil companies would benefit from the plan? yes, but so would a small business owner struggling to stay above water, but you dont hear about that. Both sides throw stuff like that out to let the publics imagination run wild with it.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 04:27 PM)
Id compare it to Obamas ad that has been on TV a lot lately, where they talk about all the tax cuts for oil companies. They know damn well that the actual tax proposals are for all businesses but they spotlight oil companies to mislead the public. Now, is it true that oil companies would benefit from the plan? yes, but so would a small business owner struggling to stay above water, but you dont hear about that. Both sides throw stuff like that out to let the publics imagination run wild with it.

Of course, if you actually wanted to do so, it's perfectly plausible to have a tax cut directed at small businesses that doesn't wind up having a large chunk of it go to oil companies.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 07:27 PM)

Would it be hard for McCain to exempt oil from the tax cuts? Absolutely not. But he wont.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 01:27 AM)

It may be close, but the hate for oil companies is no where near as venemous as the hate for calling someone a terrorist-sympathizer

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 06:32 PM)
Would it be hard for McCain to exempt oil from the tax cuts? Absolutely not. But he wont.

Its a free market. Why shouldnt oil companies get the same tax cuts as any other business? Like it or not, theyre legitimate businesses.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 06:35 PM)
It may be close, but the hate for oil companies is no where near as venemous as the hate for calling someone a terrorist-sympathizer

Theyre not calling him a terrorist sympathizer. Theyre pointing out his relationship with someone and letting people draw their own conclusions based on the persons background.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 08:01 PM)
Theyre not calling him a terrorist sympathizer. Theyre pointing out his relationship with someone and letting people draw their own conclusions based on the persons background.

should Obama mention McCain's transition head lobbied for Saddam? Seems like more of a direct link to out right terror then working on a board 30 years post.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 05:40 PM)
That's a cute answer, a nice dodge from the realization that the republicans are pumping race into this election.

well it's obvious that the Obama campaign has a strategy which includes the race card. First Bill Clinton was a racist, then Palin, now McCain. bla bla bla. Honestly, we probably shouldn't even be taking the bait on this like the Democrats want. They thrive on anger and division.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 05:45 PM)

And you really don't think any of the rhetoric from the Obama campaign could be considered just as insightful? They have been running around calling him George Bush for months now. In the left wing circles that is code for mass murderer, destroyer of the planet, baby-killer, etc. Don't tell me that in the right audiences you couldn't get the same reactions out of the left, and have to a lot of extent. There have been just as many loony things said by both campaigns and their supporters. If you want to dig to make them mean something, it isn't a big stretch.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 08:02 PM)
should Obama mention McCain's transition head lobbied for Saddam? Seems like more of a direct link to out right terror then working on a board 30 years post.

If he wants to theres nothing stopping him. I doubt it would work very well though. I cant see many people worried about the link between John McCain and terrorism.

Out of curiosity, do you think Obama isnt doing the same kinds of things or do you think big bad McCain is picking on Obama?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 09:07 PM)
And you really don't think any of the rhetoric from the Obama campaign could be considered just as insightful?

I just gotta stop and lol @ this sentence for a minute... carry on

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 09:47 PM)
Then how do you get the reactions from liberals like the ones linked in my previous post?

He said "insightful." I know what he was trying to say but that's totally the wrong word. Which made me laugh.

in·sight (nst)

n.

1. The capacity to discern the true nature of a situation; penetration.

2. The act or outcome of grasping the inward or hidden nature of things or of perceiving in an intuitive manner.

in·cite (n-st)

tr.v. in·cit·ed, in·cit·ing, in·cites

To provoke and urge on: troublemakers who incite riots; inciting workers to strike. See Synonyms at provoke.

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/pos...TI2MmM5YjJlYzA=

Joe Biden May Not Be Helping in Scranton As Much As Expected

October 14:

Three U.S. senators, one congressman and a former U.S. president stood on stage Sunday and told more than 3,000 supporters that they will work for the middle class of America.

President Bill Clinton and his wife, Sen. Hillary Clinton, appeared with Democratic vice presidential candidate Sen. Joe Biden for a rally at the Riverfront Sports Complex in the cityâ€s Providence section. The Clintons were in town for the baptism of Mrs. Clintonâ€s nephew – Simon Joseph Rodham – son of Tony and Megan Rodham.

October 15:

With signs representing groups from Italians to hockey moms, Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin invoked the name of former Pennsylvania Gov. Bob Casey as she energized a crowd of more than 6,000 Tuesday in Scranton.

Vice-presidential candidates do not win or lose elections for candidates. But it's kinda embarrassing to be shown up in one's oft-touted hometow

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 10:23 AM)
When Obama was getting massive crowds in the primaries and in Europe the conservatives on here kept saying how it didn't matter. Apparently crowd size matters now.

I would say how many of those Europeans are going to vote, but with ACORN around, anything is possible.