The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 01:45 PM)
Maybe if Iraq was managed better having to re-invade wouldn't be an option.

You know you set this up for the incredibly easy "if Iraq wasn't invaded in 2003 it wouldn't need to be managed at all" right?

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 11:02 PM)
You know you set this up for the incredibly easy "if Iraq wasn't invaded in 2003 it wouldn't need to be managed at all" right?

And I wasn't in favor of that either.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 01:02 PM)
Cut taxes for the wealthy, raise them where they primarily impact the poor and middle class.

It's crazy. They passed the measure today to s*** on the poor and middle class and help the rich business owners. But ... we the people re-elected Brownback just a few months ago. I need to get out of this godforsaken state. Or do all states suck?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 07:02 AM)
Cut taxes for the wealthy, raise them where they primarily impact the poor and middle class.

The wealthy pay sales taxes, too.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 02:44 PM)
It's crazy. They passed the measure today to s*** on the poor and middle class and help the rich business owners. But ... we the people re-elected Brownback just a few months ago. I need to get out of this godforsaken state. Or do all states suck?

What measure was this?

And if you think that state sucks, come to IL.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 09:05 AM)
The wealthy pay sales taxes, too.

Though because they have an actually positive savings rate they pay a smaller percentage of their income to sales taxes than the poor do. Sales Taxes are extremely regressive.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 09:33 AM)
Jesus, now being transracial is a thing? This country is becoming The Capitol from The Hunger Games.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/...today-show.html

I think they can identify as whatever they want, but forcing me to accept it is wrong. I'll call you by whatever pronoun I prefer.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 09:33 AM)
Jesus, now being transracial is a thing? This country is becoming The Capitol from The Hunger Games.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/...today-show.html

She certainly had no problem with claiming her 'whiteness" when it suited her

RD sues Howard U for discrimination because she's white.....

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 10:32 PM)
Enquiring minds want to know: With a dozen plus candidates in the Presidential race for the Republican nomination, who would you support today?

As of right now, if I had to make a choice, I'd probably go with Rubio, but it's hardly set in stone.

I actually wouldn't mind Trump winning the election. He's a smart businessman so you can rest assured he'd have top quality aides for all the important divisions of his staff. He'd pick a great staff I'm sure. He didn't get to be a great businessman by not hiring great people around him.

He'd probably help the economy which is really important. Current government officials have no clue how to have a prosperous economy. He's obviously a very patriotic guy.

Think outside the box people ... we don't always need a traditional candidate with political experience. I think most of the elected officials are a bunch of blowhards.

Too bad Trump doesn't stand a chance. I'd vote for him over Hilly for sure.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 03:32 AM)
Enquiring minds want to know: With a dozen plus candidates in the Presidential race for the Republican nomination, who would you support today?

How could anybody not pick Trump over the rest of those clowns? DONALD TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 07:23 PM)
How could anybody not pick Trump over the rest of those clowns? DONALD TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT!

Yes. A president that will support and protect these bank CEOs and the super rich. Brilliant choice.

Greg, watch the "You've got Trumped" documentary and tell me if you still think the same.

One thing's for sure, unless you're a fellow CEO, billionaire or earn $250,000 or more pear year in salary, your life will not be seeing any day-to-day improvements.

Or do you simply mean Trump would be more entertaining? Do you really want him with the ability to declare war or launch nuclear weapons? What happens when other countries won't give in to his belligerent/ blowhard style?

The nominating processis way too long....but it does knock out the pretenders or attention seekers. Remember H. Ross Perot? Remember Herman Cain last election cycle?

This is a guy who believes his "Trump brand" is worth $1.5 billion...and his reasons for running are less about patriotism (he never served in the military) and more about rallying falling interest in his books/shows/wealth seminars.

As much as you don't like Mrs. clinton giving paid speeches, Trump does it as much as anyone. Not to mention he's on his third wife, etc. maybe not the issue it once was, but it doesn't sit well with those who believe a single divorce is one too many.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 21, 2015 -> 02:36 AM)
Greg, watch the "You've got Trumped" documentary and tell me if you still think the same.

One thing's for sure, unless you're a fellow CEO, billionaire or earn $250,000 or more pear year in salary, your life will not be seeing any day-to-day improvements.

Or do you simply mean Trump would be more entertaining? Do you really want him with the ability to declare war or launch nuclear weapons? What happens when other countries won't give in to his belligerent/ blowhard style?

The nominating processis way too long....but it does knock out the pretenders or attention seekers. Remember H. Ross Perot? Remember Herman Cain last election cycle?

This is a guy who believes his "Trump brand" is worth $1.5 billion...and his reasons for running are less about patriotism (he never served in the military) and more about rallying falling interest in his books/shows/wealth seminars.

As much as you don't like Mrs. clinton giving paid speeches, Trump does it as much as anyone. Not to mention he's on his third wife, etc. maybe not the issue it once was, but it doesn't sit well with those who believe a single divorce is one too many.

I just figured Trump would get the economy going and would hire experts on his staff and it'd be a nice change of pace. I didn't realize he was another Brownback and only would favor legislation for the rich. I figured he might improve the economy for everybody. If he's an asshole who only cares bout the rich, then my bad.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 09:30 PM)
I just figured Trump would get the economy going and would hire experts on his staff and it'd be a nice change of pace. I didn't realize he was another Brownback and only would favor legislation for the rich. I figured he might improve the economy for everybody. If he's an asshole who only cares bout the rich, then my bad.

He'd probably do more wonders for the middle east economy where he is constantly building hotels and properties.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 08:36 PM)

So exactly the same as things are today?