**White Sox vs. Royals 7/10/08** 7:10pm, CSN

Brian

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 08:41 PM)
Why do you find it unimaginable for a team with the 2nd best ERA in baseball to beat a terrible team in a 1-0 game? Was there something that occurred before Paulie's crappy play that made you think Mark was going to s*** his pants? We needed 5 more outs to win 1-0 and Mark was cruising.

probably because this team doesn't win games 1-0, we haven't done it once all year long. add to the fact that the royals hit the ball hard and scored a lot of runs the last few games, it was only a matter of time they were going to put some runs on the board

i wanted buehrle pulled out in the 7th inning for scott > dotel, i feel ozzie left him in for an inning too long

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 08:45 PM)
As I stated in my original post. Konerko f*cked up that play, but he's not solely responsible.

That's why in my mind he can't be single handedly blamed for this loss. Was he the main contribution to the loss? Yes. Was he the only contributor? No.

That's my stance.

well I would say that if he caught the ball the run doesn't score. Lets say that is true. we lead 1-0 in the ninth. How is he not responsible?

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 09:44 PM)
It's none of your business where I have been the last 10 years. I have been a lot closer to the game than the average joe. Let's just leave it at that. Unless of course you have any other questions.

Try watching football, basketball and hockey and you will see what the definition of team is, baseball is full of self centered stats and players.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 02:46 AM)
probably because this team doesn't win games 1-0, we haven't done it once all year long. add to the fact that the royals hit the ball hard and scored a lot of runs the last few games, it was only a matter of time they were going to put some runs on the board

i wanted buehrle pulled out in the 7th inning for scott > dotel, i feel ozzie left him in for an inning too long

Linebrink had the night off, as they said he's fatigued. Fatigued must be the new term for shaky confidence.

QUOTE (Soxpranos @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 08:46 PM)
We don't bunt or sacrifice bunt, so that's as close as "Team" comes into play in this game. Football, basketball, hockey are "Team Games".

You're ridiculous. The same batter doesn't bat 9 times in one game does he? How about one pitcher? Having one outstanding player doesn't constitute a winning team.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 08:46 PM)

actaully buerhle was fine, the royals at the time of the konerko gaff had 5 hits. They didn't hit him hard at all. It was after the gaff that the royals hit the ball. Buerhle was cruising, and relies on double play balls to get him out of jams. He had the double play ball.

QUOTE (Soxpranos @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 08:48 PM)
Try watching football, basketball and hockey and you will see what the definition of team is, baseball is full of self centered stats and players.

I have access to various media outlets including ESPN. Thanks for you concern. Have a good night.

I don't mean to interrupt but it's kind of like beating a dead horse.

We blew the game, Konerko f***ed up, Alexei did too. I personally agree that Paulie is having a terrible season so far, and I hope he turns it around knowing how much the management trusts him.

I like the team with Wise/Anderson in CF and Swisher at 1B a lot better, but that's just my opinion.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 08:49 PM)
Linebrink had the night off, as they said he's fatigued. Fatigued must be the new term for shaky confidence.

he has been pitching alot. I am sure he was tired. I don't know maybe I am watching a different game. buerhle was fine, if konerko doesn't mess up he gets to the ninth. pretty simple.

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 09:49 PM)
You're ridiculous. The same batter doesn't bat 9 times in one game does he? How about one pitcher? Having one outstanding player doesn't constitute a winning team.

I'm not gonna even bother with ya, I know now you have never stepped on the field.

QUOTE (quickman @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 03:51 AM)
he has been pitching alot. I am sure he was tired. I don't know maybe I am watching a different game. buerhle was fine, if konerko doesn't mess up he gets to the ninth. pretty simple.

Yeah, I had no problem with Buehrle still in the game. The Jenks injury KILLS the depth in this bullpen, and I fear Dotel's arm falling off.

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 08:49 PM)

you're oversimplifying this, baseball is by far the least "Team Oriented" of all the major sports, it has more individual matchups than any other sport does

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 08:54 PM)
you're oversimplifying this, baseball is by far the least "Team Oriented" of all the major sports, it has more individual matchups than any other sport does

It's still a team game. That's my point.

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 08:55 PM)
It's still a team game. That's my point.

you're putting too much emphasis on the fact it's a team game. yeah, you have team mates and you've got more than 1 guy on the field for defense

but baseball is different, and individuals are more responsible for outcomes of games in baseball than in any other zone-scoring sport (NBA, NFL, Soccer, NHL, LaCrosse, etc), due to the importance of individual performances

that's what the previous guy was talking about, and I agree with him. baseball players are, and should be held more responsible for blowing games than say, a wide receiver dropping a pass. there's really no arguement here.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 04:19 AM)
Even without Konerko's gaffe, the Sox scored 1 run and KC would have had 1 run at the time. Its not beyond belief the Sox would have lost anyway. 1 run against KC, I'm surprised Greg Walker is getting a pass tonight.

Actually, if PK catches that, it's still 1-0, no one on, 2 outs in the 8th.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 09:25 PM)
Actually, if PK catches that, it's still 1-0, no one on, 2 outs in the 8th.

Yup. Hawk made the same mistake saying it would of been 1-1 in the 9th.