The Dark Knight

knightni

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 02:39 PM)
just finally saw this movie a few days ago...entertaining and pretty good, but wow was it overrated by alot of people

The thing is...

It's not the same experience watching it at home on a DVD that it is in a theater on a monster screen.

Cloverfield is the same way.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 04:07 PM)
The thing is...

It's not the same experience watching it at home on a DVD that it is in a theater on a monster screen.

Cloverfield is the same way.

Yeah I definitely agree. For me there are two ways to rate movies: sheer entertainment and amazing writing/acting/directing/etc. For me while the Dark Knight was not a masterpiece in terms of the latter (though Heath was awesome), it entertained me as much as any movie I have seen in my life. The 2.5 hours went by so fast and I was glued to the screen the entire time. To me DK was the entertaining awesome and No Country was the writing/acting/directing awesome. Loved both, but for different reasons.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 06:03 PM)
The movie's not for everyone. Something tells me the guy that doesn't get around to seeing The Dark Knight until a month after it was released on DVD probably wasn't very hyped to see it. If it's not your cup o' tea, no matter how good it is you'll have a problem with it.

this is probably partially true, but I also hardly ever go to the movies...honestly the last movie i went to was probably 2 years ago (knocked up maybe? i think so, can't remember)...so its not like I was against seeing this movie or anything

In response to Knight, I understand the experience of seeing a movie in a theater can enhance the effect, but a good movie should be good in theater, on my 50 inch plasma with Blue Ray (as I watched it, not a bad alternative to a theater) or on my old 20" college TV. Either way, I'm not slamming the movie by any means. It was worth seeing and I'd certainly recommend it to all of my friends, but I don't think any part of the movie screamed Oscar like so many people told me when it came out. Ledger was good, but its not like he was Dinero in Godfather 2.

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 02:03 PM)
The movie's not for everyone. Something tells me the guy that doesn't get around to seeing The Dark Knight until a month after it was released on DVD probably wasn't very hyped to see it. If it's not your cup o' tea, no matter how good it is you'll have a problem with it.

Some of us really, really wanted to see it sooner, but are in a financial position right now where a $20-$30 trip to the movies is just hard to justify when you can wait 6 months and catch the same thing for $1.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 04:28 PM)
Some of us really, really wanted to see it sooner, but are in a financial position right now where a $20-$30 trip to the movies is just hard to justify when you can wait 6 months and catch the same thing for $1.

But I bet you rented it immediately!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 05:28 PM)

I bet that you'll be in line the weekend that the new Star Trek movie opens.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 03:05 PM)
I bet that you'll be in line the weekend that the new Star Trek movie opens.

If I'm looking at being unemployed 2 months after that, the answer will probably be no. If any of the postdoc applications come through before then such that I know I'm not going to desperately searching for work after defending in a horrendous economy, then I'll be there at midnight friday A.M.