The Dark Knight

knightni

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 02:26 PM)

20 minutes? His whole part of the story (after becoming two-face) was a least an hour, if not more. I'll be honest, I thought when he first became two face that the movie was about over and they were setting up the next villian. But it seems weird to me that they'd complete his story arc just to bring him back. I mean, I think from the movie he's dead, but that wouldn't stop them from bringing him back. Who knows. No point in speculating since we're talking about comic book characters here.

the movie was about Harvey Dents transition to Two Face, but we saw very little of what Two Face is capable of. Its just my opinion, I think he is still alive. No big deal if you think he is dead. Comic books always leave the door open for a return

I really think it would be hard to have Two Face alive. The whole point in Batman being portrayed as the bad guy was to make sure that Harvey Dent kept his pristine image. It makes no sense for Batman to be the fall guy and then have Dent alive running on the streets as well. I guess they could write it that he was taken to some sort of prison and kept a secret, but outside of that it really does not gel with the idea that Batman had to take the fall for Dent's crimes. If Dent was still alive, there would be no way of hiding the fact that he had become a mass murder.

It appeared that they wanted the Joker Batman rematch for the third movie but right now are some what scrambling to figure out what to do.

What's kind of interesting besides seeing the Sweet Home Chicago sign on LaSalle St. in the film, you can actually see Aaron Eckhart take a breath in and hold it right before they pan over to him when he's "dead" at the end. Right before the cut, you can tell.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 01:41 PM)

believe what you want. I choose to believe that we saw the death of Harvey Dent, not the death of Two Face

It was both, actually. I think freakin' Batman can tell if someone's dead or not.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Aug 1, 2008 -> 08:06 AM)
Anyone else heard the rumors that they are trying to line up Johnny Depp to play the Riddler in the next film?

I think we are gonna hear lots of crazy rumors until a script is written and casting is official. Nobody saw Heath Ledger as the Joker, that was totally out of the blue

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 1, 2008 -> 12:12 PM)
Does the Riddler have a back-story? If so, what is it?

I'm looking in the direction of the comic book buffs, kyyle, etc. And please no one post a link to Wikipedia. I just want a brief summary.

Yeah.

Obsessive-Compulsive who was beaten by his father for being too smart.

Cheated and tricked people for profit as a youth/younger adult.

Moved up to tormenting Batman for the challenge.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 1, 2008 -> 11:19 AM)
Yeah.

Obsessive-Compulsive who was beaten by his father for being too smart.

Cheated and tricked people for profit as a youth/younger adult.

Moved up to tormenting Batman for the challenge.

The other big thing with the riddler is he gives advance warning of his crimes to give crime enforcement and Batman a chance to stop him.

I also disagree with Depp being the Riddler. Maybe its because I associate Depp with Tim Burton and Tim Burtons fantasy world, but I dont know that Depp's character acting fits in with Nolan's version of the Batman universe. I understand that the Riddler is quite the jester/light hearted type of criminal, but at the same time i dont see Nolan going in that sort of a direction.

But i digress, there was lots of poo-pooing the choice of Ledger as the Joker, and that was a stroke of brilliance.

I dont know that the Riddler is as much of a lock as we all think he may be. There are so many criminals to choose from, and Nolan already stepped out of the "knowns" in Batman Begins by starting with Ras Al-Ghul, so he could go in a completely different direction.

Milkman, Knighni pretty much nailed it. there have been a few different variations of the backstory, but its generally the same. A genius who starts out trying to help people and gets twisted by his own genius, he loves to leave clues etc

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 1, 2008 -> 11:43 AM)
I also disagree with Depp being the Riddler. Maybe its because I associate Depp with Tim Burton and Tim Burtons fantasy world, but I dont know that Depp's character acting fits in with Nolan's version of the Batman universe. I understand that the Riddler is quite the jester/light hearted type of criminal, but at the same time i dont see Nolan going in that sort of a direction.

But i digress, there was lots of poo-pooing the choice of Ledger as the Joker, and that was a stroke of brilliance.

I dont know that the Riddler is as much of a lock as we all think he may be. There are so many criminals to choose from, and Nolan already stepped out of the "knowns" in Batman Begins by starting with Ras Al-Ghul, so he could go in a completely different direction.

Milkman, Knighni pretty much nailed it. there have been a few different variations of the backstory, but its generally the same. A genius who starts out trying to help people and gets twisted by his own genius, he loves to leave clues etc

The Riddler would not have to be portrayed a light hearted criminal. I could easily see him as some sort of deranged serial killer that kills for sport and challenges the cops to try to stop him.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 1, 2008 -> 01:29 PM)
You know, I thought about it a bit.

If you're thinking outside of the box in casting The Riddler, you know who might make a good Riddler if he wasn't busy? Quentin Tarantino.

Nonononononononono.

We need good actors in these movies. I think Tarantino would be terrible.

If they did the Penguin, though how you try to make that villain believable is beyond me, Phillip Seymour Hoffman would be a good choice. As for the Riddler, I don't see Depp in that part.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 1, 2008 -> 11:15 AM)
Disagree. I like Depp, but, I thought Jim Carrey was a pretty much perfect Riddler (even though the film was pretty bad).

Just like Jack Nicholson was the best Joker?

Oops, I guess Kyyle already hit on that.

Edited by G&T