The Dark Knight

knightni

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 09:57 PM)
Finally saw it tonight at Navy Pier. What a fantastic movie. Easily one of my top 3 action flicks of all time.

I finally saw it today also and I agree, very fantastic. Thought it was very cool they left in the Illinois plates and the Sweet Home Chicago sign.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 08:25 AM)
I'm no Batman aficionado or anything but any chance the accountant at Wayne Enterprises winds up becoming Robin? He already knows Bruce is Batman and Bruce saved his life. Just a thought I had as I decomposed the movie.

Good lord I hope not. That would be franchise suicide in the eyes of fanboys everywhere.

Besides, Robin is a Carny, not an accountant

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 09:35 AM)
Good lord I hope not. That would be franchise suicide in the eyes of fanboys everywhere.

Besides, Robin is a Carny, not an accountant

I thought I read somewhere that Robin will not be part of the movie franchise again.

QUOTE (Steff @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 09:44 AM)
I thought I read somewhere that Robin will not be part of the movie franchise again.

I would assume that'd be the case. You can't really rock Robin out there and have the look of the films stay dark... even though the story of the death of the second robin (Jason Todd, I think?) was rather dark, it'd take awhile to get there. The franchise doesn't need to go that route, nor to Lebanon.

That was a cool ass comic though, it was called "A Death in the Family".

mignola_batman428.jpg

Disagree. I like Depp, but, I thought Jim Carrey was a pretty much perfect Riddler (even though the film was pretty bad).

I just watched Batman Forever for the first time today and felt it was Ace Ventura as the Riddler. He was really annoying.

Some things I may have missed about Maroni:

Did he have any broken legs or ankles when Two-Face caught up with him? Did he die in the car crash? How did Two-Face survive it with no injuries?

Gary Oldman was great in this movie, and was I the only one who thought of another DC comic book character, Spawn, during the movie with Michael Jai White?

If people don't want to see too cartoonish characters portrayed in the movie, what about non-DC characters as the villians? Batman goes to Iraq?

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 07:24 PM)
Some things I may have missed about Maroni:

Did he have any broken legs or ankles when Two-Face caught up with him? Did he die in the car crash? How did Two-Face survive it with no injuries?

Yes, he walked with a cane. Yes, he died. Two-Face survived because he was wearing a seat belt.

Gary Oldman was great in this movie, and was I the only one who thought of another DC comic book character, Spawn, during the movie with Michael Jai White?

I never connected it until afterwards. Spawn was hopelessly CGI'ed to death and Martin Sheen was a joke in it.

Oh -- Spawn was an Image Comics character.

If people don't want to see too cartoonish characters portrayed in the movie, what about non-DC characters as the villians? Batman goes to Iraq?

Iron Man was in Afghanistan. Anything's possible.

QUOTE (Steff @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 08:44 AM)

Im pretty sure that was Chris Nolans decision with his vision of the movies. if another director took over Im sure he would have that option if he wanted it. I just cannot see Christian Bale/Bruce Wayne adopting any kid.

Its an awkward story to interject on the Batman plot at any time though.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 07:47 PM)
Im pretty sure that was Chris Nolans decision with his vision of the movies. if another director took over Im sure he would have that option if he wanted it. I just cannot see Christian Bale/Bruce Wayne adopting any kid.

Its an awkward story to interject on the Batman plot at any time though.

Agree and I hope they don't go that route.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Sep 6, 2008 -> 08:10 PM)
Oh come on, the guy is actually a great actor and extremely versatile. I could easily see him playing that role.

Well, he's probably unavailable anyway because he's in production for the 2009 release OF.....

Pee-Wee's Playhouse, The Movie!!!

I thought he wanted to ditch the Pee-Wee character?

He's also involved in a new Todd Solondz film with Demi Moore, which is in pre-production, and a movie called Nailed with Jake Gyllenhall and Jessica Biel, which is in post-production for a 2009 release.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 06:55 AM)
Well, he's probably unavailable anyway because he's in production for the 2009 release OF.....

Pee-Wee's Playhouse, The Movie!!!

I thought he wanted to ditch the Pee-Wee character?

He's also involved in a new Todd Solondz film with Demi Moore, which is in pre-production, and a movie called Nailed with Jake Gyllenhall and Jessica Biel, which is in post-production for a 2009 release.

Well, he really DID ditch the character for about 20 years. He probably wants to make a little more money

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 08:02 AM)
Well, he really DID ditch the character for about 20 years. He probably wants to make a little more money

I know he put the character away for a long time, but to me "ditching" means gone and not returning.

I really liked (and still like) the TV show, but I'll never see this movie. That ship sailed a LONG time ago.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 07:31 AM)
I know he put the character away for a long time, but to me "ditching" means gone and not returning.

I really liked (and still like) the TV show, but I'll never see this movie. That ship sailed a LONG time ago.

Back to the subject at hand, I actually think that Ruebens might be able to deliver the goods on the Riddler. JMO. It will probably never happen, but I think he would be a good choice