The Dark Knight

knightni

QUOTE (Shadows @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 02:13 AM)
A couple of things..

1.) Flash, your Ledger jokes serious made me LOL.. that was good, cant believe no one else laughed at it.

2.)

Stop saying there was a funeral, IIRC it looked more like a "memorial" at which there was a picture of Dent and someone was talking about him. I don't remember EVER seeing anything that proved Two Face is dead. If there was a casket, then maybe in mistaken. Just because they put on a show about it though, doesn't mean he didn't escape and instead of telling everyone he turned into a monster, he is now dead.

3.) Spoiler tags are seriously gayer than aids. If you don't want to know about the f***ing movie, don't come into this thread. If you haven't seen TDK why are you reading this thread to begin with? And don't f***ing lie, you know you highlight and read some of it anyways.

4.) Anyone who is complaining about NCFOM being spoiled by this thread needs to STFU. As stated earlier its been out forever and if it mattered that much to you, you would have seen it by now.

No, I don't. Some people would probably want to see reactions to this movie without actually seeing the plot or storyline discussed. Things talking about performances or general reactions are left out of the spoiler tags. But, that gayer than aids line, really classy. And sorry, I don't live in Chicago and I don't have a lot of money. There's no video rental place round me I know of and I can't afford netflix. So STFU.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, The Dark Knight is fastest all-time to $100 million and $200 million, the highest 7-day gross and highest opening week gross, and after this weekend, it'll likely be fastest to $300 million, highest 10 day gross, and highest 2nd weekend.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 08:45 PM)
No, I don't. Some people would probably want to see reactions to this movie without actually seeing the plot or storyline discussed. Things talking about performances or general reactions are left out of the spoiler tags. But, that gayer than aids line, really classy. And sorry, I don't live in Chicago and I don't have a lot of money. There's no video rental place round me I know of and I can't afford netflix. So STFU.

Uh, I don't live in Chicago and don't have a lot of money either. Were talking bout watching a movie, not buying a car chief.

And im like school on Sunday, no class, figured most everyone around here knew that by now.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 06:46 PM)

So should we be looking into the appearance of Scarecrow in the beginning more?

Honestly you never know,

but I am looking more into Fox's comment about the suit protecting against a cat and Two-Face's lack of a funeral.

Scarecrow can show up at any time though. The thing about him is that I dont think we have seen what he really can do yet, he is developing as a bad guy instead of someone who is already doing his thing like Ducard or the Joker

I finally got the chance to see TDK last night.

It was good - not great IMO, but a solid 7.

Ledger was great, I enjoyed every second he was onscreen.

There were a lot of striking visuals, but the movie itself kind of dragged.

I'm sure I'll rent it when the DVD comes out to see it again, but I don't want to own it.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 27, 2008 -> 07:19 AM)

I'm sure I'll rent it when the DVD comes out to see it again, but I don't want to own it.

Dragged? Are you sure you didn't see Mama Mia instead?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 09:34 AM)
Wow, I thought the last hour was f***ing awesome.

It was. Critic just didn't take his nap before seeing the movie and the last hour caused him to miss the early bird dinner for old cranky folks. :P

Agree to disagree.

For one thing, I thought the whole thing with the two boats refusing to blow each other up was completely corny, and it took way too long to play out.

Oh, and I went to the 6:45 PM show, so I already had my Early Bird Special from Denny's by then.....and I NEVER miss my nap.....[green?] :D

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 10:59 AM)
Agree to disagree.

For one thing, I thought the whole thing with the two boats refusing to blow each other up was completely corny, and it took way too long to play out.

Oh, and I went to the 6:45 PM show, so I already had my Early Bird Special from Denny's by then.....and I NEVER miss my nap.....[green?] :D

I didnt find that corny, mostly because I could see something like that playing out in a Batman comic book. Thats basically how I hold up my standards for comic book movies, I watch them and ask myself "Would this happen in a XXXXX comic?", if the answer is no, I tend to get pissed off and hate the movie couch*XMEN3*cough

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 12:36 PM)
Critic, you actually stuck around for the ending of the movie!?! In your world I would think that should give the movie an instant 9 out of 10 stars!!!

Movie World is the opposite of Sporting Event and Concert World for me.

I've almost never left a movie early. It has to REALLY suck for me to bail out.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 27, 2008 -> 07:19 AM)

Exactly, when Ledger is not on screen, the film is average.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 02:30 PM)
Wait...so you leave early for the things that cost a lot of money and are live and stand a chance of "anything can happen"???

Yep. That's what I do.

Movies to me are the same in principle as books - when I start one, I usually like to finish it.

When I rent movies, though, that principle does not apply. If a rented movie is stupid and horrible (I'm looking at YOU, Napoleon Dynamite), I shut it off with no problem whatsoever.

As for live events, when I've had my fill I split. I don't worry about what I might miss.

Inconsistent? It sure is.