Something's brewing...

JPN366

The big wigs from the Braves from office, including Frank Wren, were at the Barons/M-Braves game tonight. I don't know who they were there to scout, our guys or theirs, but Aaron Poreda was pitching. Just saying...

Edited by JPN366

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 24, 2008 -> 11:00 PM)
The big wigs from the Braves from office, including Frank Wren, were at the Barons/M-Braves game tonight. I don't know who they were there to scout, our guys or theirs, but Aaron Poreda was pitching. Just saying...

Who the hell would we get from the Braves? I doubt we'd be after Texeira

Tim Hudson?

Yunel Escobar?

Chipper Jones?

Mark Kotsay?

No thanks.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2008 -> 11:30 PM)
With Hudson's injury, there's no one on the Braves that really excites me.

The elbow tightness doesn't seem to be a big deal and he's been injury free since he strained his oblique in June of '05. He's one of the more consistent starters in the game (his seasonal ERA hasn't topped 3.54 since 2006 and didn't get any higher than 3.78 from the beginning of '03 straight through the end of '05), if he can pass a rigorous physical I'd be in favor of acquiring him.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 24, 2008 -> 10:54 PM)
I'll take Chipper Jones for 3B. How about Rafael Soriano or Mike Gonzalez?

But the hint here is Poreda. I doubt we'd be trading Poreda for Gonzalez or Soriano.

Poreda is probably our biggest bait in the minors in terms of one pitcher. Chipper or Tex seem to be likely, if the front office is there to see the Barons- that hasn't been determined yet.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 05:54 AM)
I'll take Chipper Jones for 3B. How about Rafael Soriano or Mike Gonzalez?

Soriano is always injured, so I wouldn't consider him. Gonzalez also is coming off of a major injury, and there was speculation about him and PEDs when at Pittsburgh.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 24, 2008 -> 11:12 PM)
I'm going to state this once and only once and if it happens again I'm going to freak the f*** out - just a warning. The Braves will not trade Chipper Jones.

There, I'm done, I've said my bit, and don't you dare bring it up again.

But if I press X, Y, X, X ,A , X, B, RT, LT, left, left, right, up, down and LT and RT at the same time while hitting the X button, crazy and illogical trade option is unlocked.

microsoft-xbox-360-wireless-controller.j

Edited by southsideirish71

Haha it sure would be nice to see Jones instead of Joe at third. I would probably be more excited about seeing that lamb of ours off to another team. Imagine that. The picture beside the definition of "swing for the fences" hitting the road to make room for one who flirted with .400 for a while, and is still closer to .400 than .300.

But that dude is so unacquirable... I've actually entertained the thought of a Roy Halladay, Huston Street, etc. Not until this thread has Chipper Jones crossed my mind, and sadly, never again. But damn I want that to happen.

I want Albert Pujols trimming my bushes and hitting 100 homers for the White Sox while I win the lottery, am given the keys to a new Corvette, and Adriana Lima AND Erin Andrews stand at my doorstep telling me that they had a premonition that they needed to be with me, if just for one night...but none of that is going to happen.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 01:16 AM)
I want Albert Pujols trimming my bushes and hitting 100 homers for the White Sox while I win the lottery, am given the keys to a new Corvette, and Adriana Lima AND Erin Andrews stand at my doorstep telling me that they had a premonition that they needed to be with me, if just for one night...but none of that is going to happen.

....you too!?!?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 12:16 AM)

c'mon now, out of everyone, Erin Andrews? You could pretty much trip and fall on the remote, hit some numbers in the process, and land on someone better. Dr. Cutty from House, the two girls that aren't bats*** crazy on Friends etc.

Edited by ChiSox35