John Lannan or Joel Hanrahan to Sox?

Steve9347

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to believe after 20 starts for Nats he still has a good era and whip. 3.33 and 1.29 respectively. Hmmm.

Hasn't given up more than 4 in last 10 starts.

DATE OPP W L ERA SV IP H ER BB SO

MAY 29 @SD 0 0 3.52 0 6.0 5 2 3 5

JUN 05 STL 0 1 3.47 0 6.0 4 2 4 0

JUN 11 @PIT 0 1 3.43 0 6.0 7 2 0 3

JUN 17 @MIN 0 1 3.36 0 7.0 5 2 2 3

JUN 22 TEX 0 0 3.34 0 6.0 4 2 0 6

JUN 28 BAL 0 1 3.54 0 5.0 7 4 1 1

JUL 03 @CIN 0 0 3.60 0 6.0 5 3 3 3

JUL 09 ARI 1 0 3.40 0 6.0 2 0 3 0

JUL 19 @ATL 1 0 3.29 0 6.0 7 1 3 4

JUL 25 @LAD 0 1 3.33 0 7.0 6 3 2 3

Totals 2 5 3.10 0 61.0 52 21 21 28

Edited by RudyLawRules

This is kind of puzzling. Why would the Nats trade away a pitcher that is 23. Anyone want to tell me something about this guy. Ie, is he for real and are we talking about a nice long-term acquisition or are we talking about a guy thats been pitching way over his head, despite being young. You have to like the fact that he has fewer hits than innings pitched, but he has thrown a decent number of walks and doesn't get a ton of k's.

Is this guy going to get lit up in his transition from the NL to AL. Also, we have to be talking about a package which involves both Fields & Poreda correct (why would the Nats trade a 23 year old without getting significant pieces in return).

Hell looking at his minor league numbers, the guy just shot through the system.

2006 was his first full season and he was nothing short of mediocre, than 07 he goes from High A to the Majors. 08 he spent the entire time with the Nats.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 11:45 AM)
Have been listening ot the Score and have not heard anything.

Although Murph thinks Theriot could hit .400

I was just in the car for 10 minutes getting lunch and Murph talked about Lannan 3 times with Rogers

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 11:35 AM)
This is kind of puzzling. Why would the Nats trade away a pitcher that is 23. Anyone want to tell me something about this guy. Ie, is he for real and are we talking about a nice long-term acquisition or are we talking about a guy thats been pitching way over his head, despite being young. You have to like the fact that he has fewer hits than innings pitched, but he has thrown a decent number of walks and doesn't get a ton of k's.

Is this guy going to get lit up in his transition from the NL to AL. Also, we have to be talking about a package which involves both Fields & Poreda correct (why would the Nats trade a 23 year old without getting significant pieces in return).

Hell looking at his minor league numbers, the guy just shot through the system.

2006 was his first full season and he was nothing short of mediocre, than 07 he goes from High A to the Majors. 08 he spent the entire time with the Nats.

FB (88-92), CH (~80), CB (mid 70's), and I think he added a SL this season. I believe his CH is his best pitch. He throws a two-seamer so he gets good movement. He doesn't have particularly great stuff. Danks and Floyd each have better stuff. I think right now would be a case of buying high on him.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 12:46 PM)
I was just in the car for 10 minutes getting lunch and Murph talked about Lannan 3 times with Rogers

Sorry I ran out to get lunch and forgot I had done this while eating and typing.

My head hurts I gotta get some work that pays done.

Please disregard me.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 12:45 PM)
Have been listening ot the Score and have not heard anything.

Although Murph thinks Theriot could hit .400

Then he'll be in for a rude awakening when he drops below .300 by the end of the year. Still a quality player (big fan of his, actually), but I don't think the end of this year will be pretty for him at the dish --a little over his head right now.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 06:56 PM)
Then he'll be in for a rude awakening when he drops below .300 by the end of the year. Still a quality player (big fan of his, actually), but I don't think the end of this year will be pretty for him at the dish --a little over his head right now.

probably not, this is the NL for goodness sakes, Ryan Ludwik and SKIP schumacher are stars.