8/2 Sox-Royals on FOX Saturday Game - 2:50 CT

elrockinMT

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Winning Ugly @ Aug 2, 2008 -> 03:41 PM)
Really....50 games left and we squandered the lead to a Twinkies team without Santana.

Or a healthy Liriano...

Or Torii Hunter, Radke, Jacque Jones, Denny Hocking, Koskie, Guzman, Rivas, David Ortiz, Matt LeCroy, Jason Tyner, Lew Ford, etc.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 2, 2008 -> 04:44 PM)
Or a healthy Liriano...

Or Torii Hunter, Radke, Jacque Jones, Denny Hocking, Koskie, Guzman, Rivas, David Ortiz, Matt LeCroy, Jason Tyner, Lew Ford, etc.

Again their minor league instruction is great. Everyone learns how to play Twins type baseball. They learn how to hit, to run, to play solid defense and to play smart baseball. We seem to draft football players, who we challenge to crush the ball as far as humanly possible.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 2, 2008 -> 01:49 PM)
Again their minor league instruction is great. Everyone learns how to play Twins type baseball. They learn how to hit, to run, to play solid defense and to play smart baseball. We seem to draft football players, who we challenge to crush the ball as far as humanly possible.

I think a lot of people would riot if the Sox started spending their #1 picks on low ceiling singles hitters like the Twins sort of have done lately.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 2, 2008 -> 04:57 PM)
I think a lot of people would riot if the Sox started spending their #1 picks on low ceiling singles hitters like the Twins sort of have done lately.

This year was the first time in a long time that baseball players have been selected instead of "athletes". Its not our drafting policy that irritates me, its how we instruct them. We have people that come up, that have no clue how to execute fundamental baseball. Thats on their prep. The talent of the Twins organization is not better, its their instruction. They get a single message. And every level builds on that. Its not singles hitters.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 2, 2008 -> 04:44 PM)
Or a healthy Liriano...

or Kirby Puckett, Hrbek, Jack Morris, Aguilera, Blyeven, Viola, Killebrew, Carew, Kaat, etc.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 2, 2008 -> 06:11 PM)
Me too.

I f***ing hate Fox games. I ALWAYS get stuck with some east coast crap. If you want to nationally broadcast a game, how about actually doing it instead of taking 2 games in each time slot and shafting people that don't live close to their market?

Well I was excited until the start of the game and I was getting Yankmees and the Angels too. This blows man. So I listened to XM and wish now I hadn't started that gam thread or turned on the radio. I am sorry everyone.