8/2 Sox-Royals on FOX Saturday Game - 2:50 CT

elrockinMT

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Aug 2, 2008 -> 03:19 PM)
Awful decision to not let Wasserman start the inning.

Do you really have tremendous confidence that Wasserman could have shut down the Royals, the way he's pitched this year?

I think half of Esteban German's hits this year have come against the White Sox. And they're playing without two of their better players, DeJesus and Grudzielanek.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 2, 2008 -> 04:24 PM)
Do you really have tremendous confidence that Wasserman could have shut down the Royals, the way he's pitched this year?

I think half of Esteban German's hits this year have come against the White Sox. And they're playing without two of their better players, DeJesus and Grudzielanek.

Nope. But I was extremely confident that Buehrle had absolutely nothing in the tank and would continue to get hit.

QUOTE (rafacosta @ Aug 2, 2008 -> 03:19 PM)
14 hits...this is going to be a blow out...prolly 10 runs and 22 hits for KC.

Your estimate might turn out to be too low.

What happened to this staff? It's not so simple as Contreras and Linebrink being out.

We were leading the AL in staff ERA about 3-4 weeks ago, and our defense was at least adequate.

Oh, by the way, former Sox pitcher MATT GINTER is starting against Liriano tonight in Minnesota. That sure inspires confidence.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 2, 2008 -> 04:26 PM)
Your estimate might turn out to be too low.

What happened to this staff? It's not so simple as Contreras and Linebrink being out.

We were leading the AL in staff ERA about 3-4 weeks ago, and our defense was at least adequate.

Oh, by the way, former Sox pitcher MATT GINTER is starting against Liriano tonight in Minnesota. That sure inspires confidence.

That's Sunday's game. It's Byrd vs. Slowey tonight.

Sox are now tied for first.

And after 1.5 innings this team just up and left.

Coincidentaly when Cabrerra decided he needed to make a highlite reel play on a guy slower than Konerko.

After Thome and Konerko went back-to-back I thought good things were going to happen today.

Why can't the Sox magically turn a game around?

In the last 5 days the Sox have blown two four run leads and a three run lead.

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 2, 2008 -> 04:31 PM)
Sox are now tied for firtt.

Coincidentaly when Cabrerra decided he needed to make a highlite reel play on a guy slower than Konerko.

After Thome and Konerko went back-to-back I thought good things were going to happen today.

story of the f***ing team. Get up by a few runs early and think the other team is going to lay down.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 2, 2008 -> 10:31 PM)
Sox are now tied for firtt.

It's hard to turn a game around when your pitching staff can't consistently shut down the opposition. Our pitching staff is really struggling shutting down the opponent after we score.

Mark took one for the team. We don't have a long man right now after having to use Carrasco nearly every day. I don't know how it is Ozzie's fault when every reliever is pooring gas on the fire with the exception of Jenks.

Logan needs a stint in AAA to regain confidence or fix whatever is wrong. Wasserman, if his role is truly a ROOGY, doesn't fit what we need right now. Hopefully Contreras returns decent and Richard fills second lefty/long role. I don't know who else to add...is Link really an option?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 2, 2008 -> 04:33 PM)
It's hard to turn a game around when your pitching staff can't consistently shut down the opposition. Our pitching staff is really struggling shutting down the opponent after we score.

That's what the entire season comes down to. We can all b**** at the offense, but the sorry state of the pitching staff is going to end this team. Remember the beginning of the season when the staff looked like one of the best Sox pitching ever? Shut down relievers, great starters...

This team is very much like the 2004 team. One night we hit all sorts of bombs, and blow the team out. The next game we get 4 hit. Pull only team, that can score only via the homer. Bad defense as well. Played the Twins about the same late in the season as well.