8/5 Sox v Tigers: 7:11 CST, CSN

witesoxfan

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 10:08 PM)
Wait, I am going to need someone to agree on this with me, but I believe CSN just said the game tomorrow is being called by Hawk and Dan Plesac

I used to like listening to Plesac.

Until he said Rich Harden will eat up innings for the Cubs.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 11:44 PM)
I wish I could be at the cell tomorrow to see Griffey's home debut. I bet it'll be electric.

Don't know if they showed it on TV, but when BA came in to PR for him on Friday in KC, the Sox fans (all 8K of us) and Royals fans (all 7K of them) gave him a standing O and he saluted the crowd. I can only imagine what it'll be like tomorrow...

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 02:47 PM)
Really would have liked to see Fields get a start against a LHP

Yeah, as much as I am not a Fields fan, I do wonder why they keep playing Uribe over Fields.

ETA: OK, I understand defense of course. Just saying, Fields won't improve in the field while sitting on the bench.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 08:49 PM)
I'm going to get all Charles Haley and s*** when I see Griffey carted off the field.

In all seriousness, let's hope he provides a spark. Hopefully he gets the start tonight due to the first home game as a White Sox, and then he gets a lot of rest against lefties the rest of the way.

It's hilarious how Oz obviously thinks Fields is a stiff. The fact he's gone to Juan means Fields' days in Chicago are numbered as long as Oz is skipper. Fields is in the same class as BA when it comes to Oz's opinion of the duo.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 04:01 PM)
It's hilarious how Oz obviously thinks Fields is a stiff. The fact he's gone to Juan means Fields' days in Chicago are numbered as long as Oz is skipper. Fields is in the same class as BA when it comes to Oz's opinion of the duo.

Technically, it will be Joey Cora thinking Fields is a stiff tonight and tomorrow.