8/6 Sox v Tigers: 7:11, CSN

witesoxfan

jesus, this is like my 11th gamethread of the year...that's like more than 10% of the games. 9-1 record works for me, and I'm going to add my 10th today because Verlander remembers what happened the last time he faced the Sox, and history generally repeats itself when dealing with morons who went to Old Dominion (no offense to ODU or anyone who actually currently is or has gone to Old Dominion, including the dude the Sox drafted from there this year (as I seem to remember they did take someone from there)). It's just that Verlander is teh suck.

I will also predict a Griffey homer if he plays, because GRIFFEY

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if we sweep the Tigers, than "THIS. TEAM. IS. DEAD." would accurately apply to the Tigers in my opinion. Also, if we win tonight, I think we will sweep them with as demoralizing as another loss would be to them after the way last night's game went. So tonight is an important game, even beyond the obvious.

Danks needs to go 7 strong.... Hopefully the offense attacks Verlander once again.. if we get to there bullpen by the 5th or 6th inning, we should win this. Hopefully Uribe is back at 3rd. I love our current infield, esspecially with Swish at 1b, im guessing he will be back at 1st today.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 11:10 AM)
Danks needs to go 7 strong.... Hopefully the offense attacks Verlander once again.. if we get to there bullpen by the 5th or 6th inning, we should win this. Hopefully Uribe is back at 3rd. I love our current infield, esspecially with Swish at 1b, im guessing he will be back at 1st today.

He should be with Paulie's history against Verlander.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 10:58 AM)
Well, if we sweep the Tigers, than "THIS. TEAM. IS. DEAD." would accurately apply to the Tigers in my opinion. Also, if we win tonight, I think we will sweep them with as demoralizing as another loss would be to them after the way last night's game went. So tonight is an important game, even beyond the obvious.

That's what everyone said after we won the first 2 in Detroit in that last series.

GET A W! :gosox3:

Could be the biggest outing for Danks yet because he has to give the team 7-8 innings tonight with the depleted bullpen. He hasn't done that very often, so keep the ball low, especially the changeup and pitch to contact. Bust the hitters inside and please don't let Polanco beat us, he is the most unathletic looking thing out there. He looks like a rolly polly.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 11:13 AM)
Could be the biggest outing for Danks yet because he has to give the team 7-8 innings tonight with the depleted bullpen. He hasn't done that very often, so keep the ball low, especially the changeup and pitch to contact. Bust the hitters inside and please don't let Polanco beat us, he is the most unathletic looking thing out there. He looks like a rolly polly.

Yes, but he's a damn good ballplayer. I wanted him on the Sox when the Tigers got him.

You'd hope we step on their throats again after what had to be a demoralizing loss for them. I know if we got beat last night a lot of us would be assuming a lot of bad happening tonight. Hope Verlander doesn't mow us down. Cmon Griffey ... take him deep.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 01:15 PM)
Yes, but he's a damn good ballplayer. I wanted him on the Sox when the Tigers got him.

Considering they gave up Urbina for him, who's now in jail, that's been an excellent trade by Dombrowski.

But tonight, Danksy needs to give us some innings, and we need our bats to continue hitting Verlander.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 01:54 PM)
Logan

Yes I thought of him after I made the post, he didn't throw much last night either.

Really as much as we say we really need Danksy to go the distance, it won't be disaster if he doesn't. It'll make tomorrow's game more interesting though if he only goes 4 or 5.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 01:56 PM)
Yes I thought of him after I made the post, he didn't throw much last night either.

Really as much as we say we really need Danksy to go the distance, it won't be disaster if he doesn't. It'll make tomorrow's game more interesting though if he only goes 4 or 5.

No chance. This guy rarely makes it deep into a game.