8/7 Sox v Tigers, 7:11, WCIU

witesoxfan

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 12:37 AM)
Why treat the #9 hitter so gingerly and try to trick him with a telegraphed change-up when that will only make him a more dangerous hitter and speed up his bat? Even the Tigers' announcers noticed he was slowing down his motion.

I was going to say the same thing. All of a sudden his pitches are 5 or so miles slower and his change wsn't much different then the fast ball speedwise

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 07:39 PM)
I think Guillen would have had a coronary had Granderson picked some RBI's after that gift...obviously he went way too far...O'Noura or whatever his name is, GARBAGE.

I was waiting for the big hit. After a call that doesn't go Javy's way, he will pout and give something up.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 07:37 PM)
Why treat the #9 hitter so gingerly and try to trick him with a telegraphed change-up when that will only make him a more dangerous hitter and speed up his bat? Even the Tigers' announcers noticed he was slowing down his motion.

It always seem its his change up that gets him in trouble. Fathom would know.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 06:37 PM)
Well, here's your question. Do you want a guy in that slot hitting .229 or .247?

The #2 slot is one where I actually care about batting average, because I want the guy putting the ball in play and being able to move runners along before God and JD come up.

Griffey I could tolerate, maybe, because his BA is a little higher than Swisher's. I just don't like a guy hitting .230 coming up before the deity.

I would prefer Griffey, because I think he will hit better than .247 with us, and I just don't like the fact that two of our lowest OBP guys are hitting 1-2. Having Griff there would also give OC a better chance to steal bases.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 07:57 PM)
Yeah right, he put a nice pitch on fat-cab and he closed his eyes and hit it out. 99 times out of 100 he hits that foul or at the 3B.

I'm not arguing that it was all Cabby, but that they'll have to talk Javi down from hanging himself in the dugout now

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 06:58 PM)
Well if he only gives up two runs, I'll be happy. He needs to stop dicking around and just climb the f***ing ladder with his pitches.

He needs to take about 2-3 pitches out of his quiver and focus on 3 or 4 good ones. 4-seamer, 2-seamer, change and sometimes a curve, thats it.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 07:57 PM)
Yeah right, he put a nice pitch on fat-cab and he closed his eyes and hit it out. 99 times out of 100 he hits that foul or at the 3B.

Why is it when a Tiger hits a homer, you give the White Sox pitcher credit? You did it when Polanco homered the other day? Javy is walking a tightrope and he got burned by a great hitter. Sorry to tell you this, but M. Cabrera is a better hitter than Vazquez is pitcher.