Sox acquire Horacio Ramirez from KC

CSF

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 10:14 PM)
How so? This Contreras injury really hurts this year, but it's devastating for this offseason's FA plans.

Money wise but I think we are forced to go after a starting pitcher, where if Jose remained healthy he would be in the rotation next year.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like this move, but it happened about two weeks late. We still control our own fate, but we have a lot going bad for us right now. I seriously do not know what I will do if the far-superior talent-wise Twins win this thing again. Twins never hurt themselves with missing bunts and they always get runners in. I so wish we had their organizational philosophy + manager.

QUOTE (tommy @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 09:19 PM)
Does anyone think Horacio might be in for Jose actually as he was a starter before? Then Getz for Fields and Poreda/MacDougal for Boone?

The guy has been injured and is no where near ready to pitch 100 pitches every five days, so probably not. He is the Boone replacement and Poreda will probably come up for Contreras. Rongey talked about Poreda not coming up before Contreras' injury. KW will go with the best player available and that is clearly Poreda. He has one plus pitch and the rest of our options have zero combined. And if Getz could play solid D at third, he would be the perfect number two hitter.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 11:17 PM)
I wonder if Josh has played his last game as a Sox. Doesn't seem like anybody that matters is high on him anymore.

It's time for Chris Getz to get a shot I suppose.

Can Brad Eldred play third?

QUOTE (tommy @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 10:18 PM)
Agreed, I was a huge Josh supporter last year but I he hasn't shown anything this year.

Maybe he should've been traded when his value was higher, like Jeremy Reed was. I remember this board when Reed was traded, a lot of people were pissed. But with Crede's agent and back, it's hard to tell what will happen with him.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 05:05 AM)
Maybe he should've been traded when his value was higher, like Jeremy Reed was. I remember this board when Reed was traded, a lot of people were pissed. But with Crede's agent and back, it's hard to tell what will happen with him.

It's amazing what's happened in the last 48 hours with regards to next year. 3rd base and #5 starter are serious holes.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 08:04 PM)
Not a chance in hell

Seriously. If we were talking about having Garcia/Buehrle/Vaz/Contreras I'd say yes. But you are talking about two of the four guys being Danks/Floyd who still don't have fully developed arms (in the sense of being able to handle a heavy heavy workload).

I wonder if Horacio can start anymore. I always liked him a lot as a starter in Atlanta but he kept getting hurt. Of course I have no idea if his stuff is as good as it once was.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 11:27 PM)
It's amazing what's happened in the last 48 hours with regards to next year. 3rd base and #5 starter are serious holes.

Umm, you just got the impression the Sox weren't very high on Fields in the last 48 hours? If Juan f***ing Uribe is replacing Fields as a starter, that should tell you something.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 06:21 AM)
Umm, you just got the impression the Sox weren't very high on Fields in the last 48 hours? If Juan f***ing Uribe is replacing Fields as a starter, that should tell you something.

More that it seems like Crede's career could be in jeopardy, and now there's absolutely no chance the Sox will bring him back.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 12:30 AM)
I really like this move, Ramirez has been really good out of the pen this year and we didn't give up much.

As for Fields, I know he looked awful, but I still think he deserved more of a shot than he got.

He really didn't get much of a shot. I think he's still in the plans though...or at least part of a package. Boone just pissed away his chance this year which is really sad because he started the year so strong. He just seemed to turn into a mental midget moper when a few things went wrong. On a side note...I still haven't been thrilled with some of the pitch selections when he was throwing either.