ChiSox @ BoSox 12:35 PM CDT

WilliamTell

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 31, 2008 -> 01:08 PM)
Is Wakefield pitching well? As a knuckleball thrower you'd think he'd have more balls than only 17 at 80 pitches.

Well against a patient team that takes pitches I am sure. But against our team, the bat swings if the ball is anywhere near the zone.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

my new favorite ozzie quote

"The only difference between this night and last year was that last year was a Triple-X movie," said manager Ozzie Guillen, referring to Boston's pasting of a non-contending Sox team last year at Fenway Park.

"Right now, it's just PG-13."

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 31, 2008 -> 02:26 PM)
Have to give a ton of credit to Gavin. Played with fire most of the day, but got the huge outs when he needed them most. The transformation from last year to this has been fantastic.

Which goes to show all that crazy talk about "Gavin is stupid and Gavin has a low iq" was all bulls***.And the media seemed to buy into that talk also.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 31, 2008 -> 02:31 PM)
I think that complaint was true, and even Floyd has talked about it. The problem with Gavin over the years was the deer in the headlights look he would get on the mound when he got into trouble. It seemed like he hated being on the mound.

Even in Spring Training, guys were saying Floyd was walking around with a different attitude, and you could see it. The stuff has pretty much always been there.

Looking like a deer in head lights and being accused of being a stupid person are totally different things.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 31, 2008 -> 02:36 PM)
I agree, but I never heard the "stupid" remarks.

There were members of the media (some of the beat reporters talking on the radio) talked alot about him being stupid.They used that exact word and I thought they were way out of line when they did.But for the most part The Score being the professional media that they are were the ones saying that.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 31, 2008 -> 01:31 PM)
I think that complaint was true, and even Floyd has talked about it. The problem with Gavin over the years was the deer in the headlights look he would get on the mound when he got into trouble. It seemed like he hated being on the mound.

Even in Spring Training, guys were saying Floyd was walking around with a different attitude, and you could see it. The stuff has pretty much always been there.

There was a big difference in Gavin's stuff today than what he has had the rest of the season. His 4 seam fastball was hard(93-94mph), 2 seamer had a lot of late movement, curve was biting, and the slider was just plain nasty at times. If we get this Gavin Floyd(stuff wise) to go along with his newfound confidence on the mound, we may have the pitcher who the Phillies thought they were getting when they drafted him #4 in 2001. And that guy has a possibility to be a true #1.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 31, 2008 -> 02:44 PM)
i feel like national games are always shorter because so many more can watch them/aren't coming in for updates.

And it's a very nice day in Chicago. I'm betting a ton of fans are at a BBQ right now. I'm just checking in now and again as I prepare the house for our live fantasy football draft later this afternoon.