Sox vs Tigers - Game 2 - ESPN

Chisoxfn

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 07:36 PM)
That should be an error on OC.

lol, Renteria was given a single on that. I guess they figure that even if OC's throw was accurate he still would've been safe or something. Either that, or he is threatening to show pictures of the scorekeeper blowing him to the scorekeeper's wife.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 12:37 AM)
lol, Renteria was given a single on that. I guess they figure that even if OC's throw was accurate he still would've been safe or something. Either that, or he is threatening to show pictures of the scorekeeper blowing him to the scorekeeper's wife.

Edgar's out by 2 steps with an accurate throw.

Danks' pitch count is WAYYY up there. 6 innings max at this pace, which is a problem with Thornton and Jenks likely unavailable.

That said, Danks looks like the extra days rest added a little zip to his fastball.

Let's get an 8-0 lead so we can take him out after 6.

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 01:58 AM)
Danks' pitch count is WAYYY up there. 6 innings max at this pace, which is a problem with Thornton and Jenks likely unavailable.

That said, Danks looks like the extra days rest added a little zip to his fastball.

Let's get an 8-0 lead so we can take him out after 6.

Thornton will be fine

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 09:02 PM)
Anderson doesn't squat like he did at ghe beginning of the season.

Anderson isn't a major league hitter. His swing is much too long. He'll have to cut it down or be relegated to defensive replacement status. Since the defensive replacement outfielder doesn't really exist anymore, he'll be out of the big leagues next year.

I had high hopes for Brian, but he's just not going to make it.

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 08:10 PM)
Anderson isn't a major league hitter. His swing is much too long. He'll have to cut it down or be relegated to defensive replacement status. Since the defensive replacement outfielder doesn't really exist anymore, he'll be out of the big leagues next year.

I had high hopes for Brian, but he's just not going to make it.

When Brian leaves here his long swing will be remedied by the first hitting coach that he meets.