WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!

WilliamTell

That homer ranks up there with Konerko's against the Twins in 2003 with 2 outs in the 9th and then Thomas' walk off later on in the game.

Swishers walk off earlier this year is there as well. I'm probably forgetting some, Thome's walk off against LA was awesome, so was his walk off 500th career homerun.

Pods walk off in the World Series is above.

I was really happy for Wise and the Sox. Two starting pitchers stepped up and threw almost 14 innings of shutout ball between them. I wondered if the bullpen was going to blow both games, but Thornton is the man of the day out of the pen. This stuff from the other bullpen members including Jenks is getting me worried though

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 10:28 PM)
That homer ranks up there with Konerko's against the Twins in 2003 with 2 outs in the 9th and then Thomas' walk off later on in the game.

Swishers walk off earlier this year is there as well. I'm probably forgetting some, Thome's walk off against LA was awesome, so was his walk off 500th career homerun.

and jeff abbott

I hate doubleheaders. Hate them. But that was just a huge, huge sweep. We really need both games and got them. Wow, and Dewayne Wise worth his weight in gold just for that one swing alone. We aren't going ANYWHERE with this bullpen, but at least we won twice today.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 04:28 AM)

PK's slam in Game 2 was best sports moment of my life. I'd list Crede's walkoff against Indians in 2005 above any other homer besides Pods.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 09:28 PM)

Don't forget AJ's against the Dodgers.

I think the Uribe play in the 7th inning of game 1 is just like a summary of how this season has gone so far. We screw it up, but we make up for it and do something well all in one. This team is so maddening, but we still have the two game lead in the loss column and a very good record. It's strange.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 09:40 PM)
if Linebrink, Thornton, and Jenks can pitch well, the Sox bullpen will be OK.

I havent been paying super close attention when Linebrink's been in recently. Is velocity down? What seems to be his problem? The Sox dont seem to want him out there in the same 8th inning role he had before.

Great great day. Applause for our starters.

Wise's hit truly was incredible. Loved Thome's homer and BA's as well.

I don't know what lesson can be learned from Game Two. I guess Oz should assume no lead is safe the next 2 weeks and only pitch Thornton and Bobby in the pen until their arms fall off. And I guess Linebrink as well. Boone should never toe the rubber again this year. Just the sight of him awakens our opponents' bats. Doetl is stealing money from major league baseball. He is so bad at times it baffles.

A DH win this time of year is so huge. Congrats Sox on a great day.

Thank you DeWayne Wise, and Matt Thornton, for keeping most of the Sox bullpen from looking like the schmucks they are, and letting Detroit even get back into the game.......

With the exception of maybe just a few, the Sox bullpen scares me every time they come into the game........

:headbang :gosox3: :gosox1: :gosox2: :headbang

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 09:46 PM)
I havent been paying super close attention when Linebrink's been in recently. Is velocity down? What seems to be his problem? The Sox dont seem to want him out there in the same 8th inning role he had before.

The Sox have been weaning him back into the bullpen rotation.

He's almost back to full speed.

Most of his pitches are working, but he's still struggling a little with command.

I expect we'll be seeing more of him and that he'll be resuming his 8th inning role before the end of our upcoming road trip.