9/24 Gamethread: Chicago @ Minnesota

maggsmaggs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 02:47 PM)
Supposedly Ozzie told the press today that Griffey has been playing good defense lately, so he will stay out there.

Thats good defense. Wow, I would hate to see bad defense then. Whats bad defense to Ozzie. Oh I forget, keeping the blonde demon away from the santeria circle of power known as the baseball field. I see, he is a crafty devil that blonde demon.

Griffey had 2 RBI's out of 3 we scored last night. Yet he was up to bat when 3 runs scored. - for the picky ones.

I'm not surprised he's in there.

I am surprised Ozzie has Dweezy leading off.

I was expecting, OC, DW, JD, PK, JT, KG, AJ, AR, JU

Edited by tommy

QUOTE (tommy @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 03:00 PM)
Griffey had 3 RBI's out of 3 we scored last night.

You must of missed the part where he gave that back where his being old, and not particularly a good defensive CF gave back those runs. I guess we should take the GIDP with men on 1st and third with no outs and coming through in the clutch, and the 2 run dong which he posed for down by 9-1 as a successful offensive night. Pardon me.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 04:03 PM)
You must of missed the part where he gave that back where his being old, and not particularly a good defensive CF gave back those runs. I guess we should take the GIDP with men on 1st and third with no outs and coming through in the clutch, and the 2 run dong which he posed for down by 9-1 as a successful offensive night. Pardon me.

That's typical for Ozzie, I'm not saying that's a good idea at all.

QUOTE (tommy @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 04:00 PM)

Actually, he had 2 RBI's, you dont get one when you knock in a run via GIDP...

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 04:05 PM)
Actually, he had 2 RBI's, you dont get one when you knock in a run via GIDP...

My bad, but I'm not trying to play Griffey either, it's just not surprising that Ozzie will play Griffey just for last night.

His so called 'experience' might come in handy in the pennant race, who cares about defense, or athletism Thats why they Sox got him. /green

QUOTE (tommy @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 04:00 PM)

Really? Because where I come from where we follow the rules of baseball, grounding into a double play with a runner on third fails to yield an RBI... hence he only had 2 last night.

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 04:10 PM)
It's really too bad Ozzie doesn't come here and listen to soxtalk members and start the wonder that is Brian Anderson. We would have clinched before the All-Star break.

No one is claiming that Brian Anderson is a man-god. We're only saying that Griffey is so bad both offensively and defensively that the difference between the two is non-existent, which means we should be starting the man that actually knows how to catch fly balls.

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 04:10 PM)
It's really too bad Ozzie doesn't come here and listen to soxtalk members and start the wonder that is Brian Anderson. We would have clinched before the All-Star break.

One of my good friends is a Cubs friend (except not a typical Cubs fan, he likes baseball).

He watches Sox once in a while, and he always ask me how come Anderson is not playing, because everytime he watched (especially recently) Anderson produced.

Edited by tommy

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 05:10 PM)

^^^^^

Oh wait.

Was that sarcasm?