9/24 Gamethread: Chicago @ Minnesota

maggsmaggs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The most depressing thing is that this one was there to win. We let it go by with typical White Sox offensive baseball. Meanwhile, the Twins play exactly like they always do vs. us. Maybe KC will show up better than we did this weekend. If we lose tomorrow, we likely have to win 4 straight just to force a 1 game playoff.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 09:48 PM)
The whole organization has bowed down to the Twins in the Metrodome. I thought they would win 2, but they will not win tomorrow if they keep praising them. Its time to knock someone on their ass, and act like you're the team in first place.

It really is pathetic. Stopping sucking off the Twins, grow some balls and win tomorrow.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 08:48 PM)
The whole organization has bowed down to the Twins in the Metrodome. I thought they would win 2, but they will not win tomorrow if they keep praising them. Its time to knock someone on their ass, and act like you're the team in first place.

Yep. I'm all for knocking down Span on pitch number 1. Then Gomez gets one up and in when he comes up. Let's go.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 08:48 PM)

Exactly. The mentality is crap. They are intimidated by an tangible object.

Ozzie tried to get them in the right frame of mind and motivate them but the only guys responding are Jr. and Thome, and now Buehrle.

If this team loses the division to a team that is nearly in full rebuilding mode then we should turn this crappy, slow, aging roster over.

Not getting runners in from 3rd with less than two outs as consistently as we DONT get them in is unacceptable. Watching other teams move runners over, steal bases and track down would-be doubles while we hardly ever do the same is unacceptable. Paying a pitcher millions of dollars for below mediocre production and the guaranteed outcome of tanking at the first sign of a 'big game' is unacceptable. Fielding a team full of .220-245 hitters who can't run or play defense is unacceptable.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 08:44 PM)
Ozzie's job should be on the line tomorrow....this team has quit on him.

No...it shouldn't. I thought Ozzie should have gone off on this team about 2 weeks ago...and tried to be PC...because they're "veterans". Well f*** our veterans. I honestly don't care if I never see Dye or Konerko in a Sox uni ever again. This team has no passion. And the worse thing...it fooled us into thinking it had chance so we couldn't peddle some of these ancient parts to contenders.

I know a lot of people don't like him...but OC is probably the best player in this team right now along with Lexi. The rest are a bunch of asshats.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 08:49 PM)
Exactly. The mentality is crap. They are intimidated by an tangible object.

Ozzie tried to get them in the right frame of mind and motivate them but the only guys responding are Jr. and Thome, and now Buehrle.

Not true. Ozzie's the one who told them they needed a lead of more than 3 before they got here. That's not a winner's mentality.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 08:50 PM)
No...it shouldn't. I thought Ozzie should have gone off on this team about 2 weeks ago...and tried to be PC...because they're "veterans". Well f*** our veterans. I honestly don't care if I never see Dye or Konerko in a Sox uni ever again. This team has no passion. And the worse thing...it fooled us into thinking it had chance so we couldn't peddle some of these ancient parts to contenders.

I know a lot of people don't like him...but OC is probably the best player in this team right now along with Lexi. The rest are a bunch of asshats.

+1

Its not just the organization, the people in this thread think that the Twins are unbeatable. They already have basically given the twins 4 more wins.

Screw that, todays game is over the past games dont matter.

Tomorrow is a brand new season, the Sox have a .5 game lead and need to win tomorrow.

If I had to chose Slowey or Floyd, I prefer Floyd.

So Floyd its time to step up and stop the bleeding.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 09:50 PM)
Not true. Ozzie's the one who told them they needed a lead of more than 3 before they got here. That's not a winner's mentality.

Actually, it is true. He ranted about we needed to come in here and kick their butts. I think he said something about poisoning the water for the pirhanas. They guy can only say so much to light a fire under these corpses.